× Members

DWP Compliant Interview

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146322 by Bill1961
DWP Compliant Interview was created by Bill1961
Hello,

I am on ESA Contribution basis within the support group however I have been invited to attend a Compliant interview and advised to bring the following:

1- ID and a utility bill
2-Various Bank and savings details such as Bank account statement, ISA , Pension details ect ect

Please could you advise and explain about the reasoning and processes of a compliant interview and if they have the legal right to haver already accessed my bank account to check and clarify what accounts I have and what remuneration they hold?

I am slightly confused that I have been requested to bring the above financial information considering when I completed my ESA 1 on a contribution basis I was advise on the form to move onto to step XYZ therefore not inputting any financial account detail ect

Thank you
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146324 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP Compliant Interview
Hi Bill,

Quite a few of our members have had this kind of letter recently. The first thing to do is to check that attendance is mandatory. If the answer is 'yes' (and I suspect it will be if it is called a Compliance Interview) then I'm afraid you have no option but to comply. I agree that supplying financial details for a Contributory benefit sticks in the craw but DWP have the legal right to demand this information and discontinue the award if it is not supplied :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #146365 by shell
Replied by shell on topic DWP Compliant Interview
I have had one of these and it means someone has said something about you, if you are not going in under caution you do not have to much to worry about they are part of the fraud team but lower level which you should be told this at interview, also sometimes you can have some one else in from the dwp but this is to moniter the officer and NOT you I spent weeks worring nights reading horrible stories wish I never, got to the office the women could not have been nicer explained what it was about but could not tell us who rang but we knew and told her how it was she then asked me about what was wrong with me but said she could see just looking how bad my disability was she then had a quick look at what I claim and found that I was not claiming everything that I was entitled too and said anything that I was not sure about in the future just call her yes I was scared and had sleepless nights felt sick and its easy to say try not to worry but you do I was told that fraud had sat on my case for nearly a year but were very concerned about what had been said about me, this came about after a hate crime against someone disabled an assault which left me with a broken leg and it was an other way for this family to get to me so good luck and try and keep calm about this

More
8 years 5 months ago #146368 by Bill1961
Replied by Bill1961 on topic DWP Compliant Interview
Hello,

Thank you for your response and information you provided, however could you please be kind enough to answer my specific question pertaining to if the Compliance team do have legal access to my bank account prior to me attending the requested interview with them?

Thank you

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #146375 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP Compliant Interview

Bill1961 wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your response and information you provided, however could you please be kind enough to answer my specific question pertaining to if the Compliance team do have legal access to my bank account prior to me attending the requested interview with them?

Thank you

I believe they would need to get a court order to do this, however, they will know the amount in the account and any large transactions because the banks report the information to HMRC for tax purposes and the information is shared with the DWP.

You can have someone wit you at the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 5 months ago #146376 by Bill1961
Replied by Bill1961 on topic DWP Compliant Interview
Hello Gordon

Thank you for you assistance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.