× Members

ESA SUPPORT GROUP - NO MEDICAL, NEW CLAIM

More
8 years 3 months ago #148614 by Carly
Hi, I had my Esa stopped due to an unexpected absense from home. I had to start from the beginning and make a new claim. My one and only ESA50 was in 2013, with medical, and placed in Support Group.
I naturally anticipated another medical, returned the form and waited. It wasn't too long at all, three weeks max' for a reply. I was placed in Support group, No Medical.
I have to put this down to following the excellent advice from this website, and the one thing I would strongly back up is to send as much medical info' as you possibly can along with the ESA50. I even included mental-health reports from 2006, 2007 - which wasn't from the same Mental-Health Support team I'm with now; it was simply the fact they stated what problems I was having. Just including those I am quite convinced they went a long way towards the fairly quick decision.

Thanks to Benefits & Work and all the people like myself, who really suffer mentally with this type of scenario, thanks for posting your experiences. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janstrick, Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #148631 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP - NO MEDICAL, NEW CLAIM
Hi
Thats great news.
Just starting transfer from SDA to PIP myself so hope its as straight forward :)
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by foss27.

More
8 years 3 months ago #148647 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP - NO MEDICAL, NEW CLAIM
Carly

Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago #148682 by david
Replied by david on topic ESA SUPPORT GROUP - NO MEDICAL, NEW CLAIM
Remember sent them as much medical evidence as possible including consultants note etc ....... Good luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris