× Members

Still waiting

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #157808 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Still waiting
Hi Mickymick,

I have merged your query with your previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously if everything dealing with the same claim is kept in one place! You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now.

The Tribunal Service is independent of DWP and the panel will make up their own mind having seen and spoken to you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickymick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #164271 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Still waiting
I have had my tribunal today and left feeling deflated. I was not told an answer but told they would send it in the post. I feel it went really badly. The judge threw question after question at me and really confused me, I ended up by agreeing to things that I could do that I couldn't . I think I came across as "making it up on the spot " and I really wasn't. She asked how long I napped for and I told her honestly that I wasn't sure, she then threw back at me, well you remember how long your cluster headaches last so how comes you don't know how long you nap. I tried to explain that I knew about my headaches because we keep a diary for the neurologist. She also knocked her drink all over everyone's paperwork which threw me even more.I am so disappointed that she honestly made me feel like I was a criminal under scrutiny. Please don't be put off by my tribunal. I think my wife and I knew there was a problem when our representative murmured under his breath oh no when he saw what it was. My illness makes me very confused and forgetful so I am hoping to god that the panel could see that and not think that I was trying to lie myself through it. Does anyone know how long the decision will take to come through the post please, and also if it's unsuccessful when can I re apply for pip and is it a fresh new claim or will they think ok he failed the tribunal so we're not going to give him pip this time either

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #164276 by slugsta
Hi Mickymick,

I'm sorry the tribunal was so unpleasant for you :(

The panel often send out the decision afterwards if they are pushed for time, so we cannot draw any conclusions from this. You should get the letter in just a few days although it can take DWP several months to action it!

If the tribunal does not find in your favour, you can reapply immediately . However, you would obviously have to give some thought about how you could give yourself the best chance of succeeding next time.

If you have further questions, or want to notify us of the eventual decision, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #164885 by mickymick
Replied by mickymick on topic Still waiting
Good news at last. I have received the tribunal report and have been given standard rate daily care. My representative thinks I should still appeal about mobility but I honestly can't go through this again. It has only been awarded until 2018 and we are thinking this may be the case because I will progressively get worse so they will look into it again. I can't thank you all enough for helping me when I was at my wits end. It's being backdated from Jan 2016. Just one more question? How long does it take now for the payment and the pip award to start

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #164900 by slugsta
Hi Mickymick, that's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

It won't surprise you to hear that DWP can be pretty slow in getting payments started! It often takes up to 8 weeks to see the money in your account (you will possibly get a letter first asking whether you have been in hospital or out of the country recently). It can sometimes speed things up if you send them a copy of the Tribunal decision letter.

Just one thing - you say that your representative wants to appeal against the mobility component? I'm afraid there is no further action possible for this decision - unless you could demonstrate an 'Error in Law'. This would mean an appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal, a long wait and, most probably, the whole award being sent back to another 1st Tier Tribunal to look at again.

This message contains confidential information

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #164906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still waiting
comment

This message contains confidential information

The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.