× Members

esa assessment

More
8 years 3 months ago #149851 by magimagi
esa assessment was created by magimagi
I have an assessment in two days and don't know what to expect. I have congenital heart disease as well as other problems but don't know how my medical problems are viewed. I'm very worried about all of this, finding it all so stressful, and don't know where to turn. Anyone know how people with heart disease are treated?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149857 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic esa assessment
Hi Magimagi

I expect you've used the guides on here to fill in your application form, and that should be a big help. As to how your medical problems are viewed, it depends on how your medical conditions affect the quality of your life and how you are able to live it.

So long as you have evidence of your condition from your consultant which confirms your disease, and can show that you find day to day living difficult then you possibly will qualify. It isn't something that anyone can promise you, unfortunately. Just describe your issues honestly, making sure you remember what you wrote on your application form. That's the best you can do.

Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: magimagi

More
8 years 3 months ago #149872 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa assessment
Hi magimagi,

As this is your first post you might not be familiar with the site, this link should help you find your way around.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you did not use our PIP guide when you filled in the PIP2 form you might like to look at it now, it will help you understand the criteria against which you are being assessed. There is also information about what to expect at the face 2 face appointment (it will not be a 'medical' as such).

PIP help for claimants

If you have further questions, or you would like to let us know how it went, please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. If you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now you will find it easily in future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Worried , magimagi

More
8 years 3 months ago #149882 by magimagi
Replied by magimagi on topic esa assessment
I haven't had a PIP form only one for ESA which I wasn't expecting. I have had SDA up to now which I got because I received DLA lifetime award.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149885 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic esa assessment

magimagi wrote: I haven't had a PIP form only one for ESA which I wasn't expecting. I have had SDA up to now which I got because I received DLA lifetime award.

We had a lot of questions about PIP assessments in the last few days, so sorry about that.

There is also a section in the ESA Claim guides that covers the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #149886 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic esa assessment
Sorry, my mistake! Here is the ESA guide

ESA claims and appeals

x post, thank you Gordon :)

Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris