× Members

ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)

More
8 years 2 months ago #149987 by SamSam55
ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time) was created by SamSam55
Hi,

Firstly I hope my real name is not showing? I just re-joined as I've received a new questionnaire after 2 years being in ESA supports group. I was just reading about someone who's mental health condition is really bad.

In my case, I am really lost in how to complete the questionnaire (mental health), I had asked CAB adviser to help me but I don't have much time and I failed to get hold of him (by phone).

I might just go on and on about my problems but do they actually take them seriously?
or do they just look at medical reports which I lack in supporting my case as I have problem with seeing even my GP. I am really worried as I have no idea how those new contractor's like.

Thanks for your help, I have printed out your guides though (is it correct to have printed out
BEFORE Jan 2013 = initial assessment done).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #149991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)
Summer

Firstly, you appear to have the wrong guides, the one that you want are at the top of the ESA section and dated January 2016. The other versions are only to be used by members challenging a Decision made during the period covered by the guide.

We can't fill in the ESA50 for you, but we can do our best to help you do it yourself, If you have a look at the guide there is a standard formula to answering the questions that we use.

I would start be having a look at the section labelled "Competing the ESA Questionnaire" and for each question there is an explanation of what you need to explain and sample answer for a variety of conditions.

If you have questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamSam55

More
8 years 1 month ago #152687 by SamSam55
Replied by SamSam55 on topic ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)
Hi, Thank you so much for your help and I have sent my ESA50 form following your excellent guides!! As I said I do lack in "EVIDENCE" due to my mental illness which stems from years' of abuse. I am now really worried about f2f, I have big problems facing anyone sitting in front of me firing questions! How do I prepare for this? I did have a brief look at WCA guide which I found so depressing. Thank you for this help as I have no one to support me emotionally(none whatsoever!!) due to my mental illness.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152713 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)

SamSam55 wrote: Hi, Thank you so much for your help and I have sent my ESA50 form following your excellent guides!! As I said I do lack in "EVIDENCE" due to my mental illness which stems from years' of abuse. I am now really worried about f2f, I have big problems facing anyone sitting in front of me firing questions! How do I prepare for this? I did have a brief look at WCA guide which I found so depressing. Thank you for this help as I have no one to support me emotionally(none whatsoever!!) due to my mental illness.

There's a section at the back of the ESA Claim guides that covers the assessment process and the questions that you are likely to be asked, so I would certainly have a look at that.

If you have no one that can be with you at the assessment then you might want to try ringing around some of the local resources to see if someone might be able to sit in with you, assuming that this would be OK with you and would help.

Most towns have voluntary groups, you can also try any charities that support your conditions to see if they have a local group, it's a longshot but you can also try your local welfare rights, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamSam55

More
8 years 1 month ago #153102 by SamSam55
Replied by SamSam55 on topic ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)
"There's a section at the back of the ESA Claim guides that covers the assessment process and the questions that you are likely to be asked, so I would certainly have a look at that." Sorry for asking a stupid question, "back of ESA Claim guides", I am wondering which one I should look at? I've had 2 f2f already but I've had to appeal for 2nd as I received 0 point and won. My condition is worsening every day due to the stress of having to face yet another f2f. No letter yet, but I am dreading, feeling distressed. As for seeking a help to go with me to f2f, I am in conflict as it might be a cause of distraction for my f2f and yet I know for the fact that if I go alone then they would think that I can manage interviews on my own. I find it really difficult to have someone just for f2f. My GP is supportive and did a letter for me and I have included tribunal report and submitted with ESA50 form. Apology for rumbling on. Thanks for your great support.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago #153106 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA SG - a new form received (3rd time)

SamSam55 wrote: "There's a section at the back of the ESA Claim guides that covers the assessment process" Sorry for stupid question but "back of ESA Claim guides" I am wondering which one you mean? Is it the one that I used to fill out my ESA50 form?

As for finding someone to come with me to f2f, I have this dilemma that it might be a cause of distraction due to my mental state. I know for the fact that I need to answer the questions not this person. And yet if I go alone, they'd think that I am "fit to work"! I received 0 point and had to appeal and won for the the last f2f assessment. I have filled in as much details as possible this time around following your guide as well as including GP letter, tribunal report to my ESA50 form.. But, is it really true that they(Maximum AND DWP) don't really read them all? Thank you so much for your help and guidance.

Hi SS55

Please don't make duplicate posts, there will always be a variable time delay between you posting and your post showing up on the forum as all posts have to read and approved by a Mod before they publish it and respond.

Mods obviously cannot be on-line 24/7, see This Topic which is always near the top of the forum.

It is not a definite that you will have to take part in a F2F. If you have provided enough evidence, they could make a paper based assessment.

Yes, the sections referred to are either from Page 74 of the Physical Health Guide 2nd link down : This Page or from Page 81 of the Mental Health Guides 3rd link down the same page.

They should have read you ESA50 and other evidence before seeing you and making a decision.

I am afraid only you can decide whether to have someone accompany you or not for support, you are certainly allowed to.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.