× Members

PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago #152203 by Melissa68
PIP was created by Melissa68
Hi
I had my PIP assessment via ATOS at one of their centres on 12/02/16.
On 26/02/16 I received a letter from ATOS saying I 'm being assessed in my home on 09/03/16; it read as though it was a first time assessment. I telephoned ATOS explaining I'd had an assessment etc. The man on the telephone said they must want further information/2nd assessment/there had been an IT issue! I asked him to find out please. After much persuasion on my part he went off to fine out, returning to say it was an IT issue. I asked him to expalin and he said that it must have happened when the assessor was submitting the report to the DWP. I asked him why they'd not 'saved' it and he said that if the IT issue happened in the submitting process then all data will have been lost.
Have you ever heard of this before?
Do I have to agree to a 2nd assessment as it's their 'fault'?
I found the first assessment and all the organisation that required very anxiety inducing etc, and now I have to go through it all again. He did inform me they were making it easier for me by allowing it in my home father than making me go to the assessment centre again!
Do I have a right of appeal/refusal on thhis matter, or will they then just say I refused assessment and disallow my claim? (I'm, hopfully(!) migrating from DLA to PIP).
Many thanks, and I look forward to any comments and advice :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152239 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
Mili

This is difficult, if the information from your original assessment have been lost then ATOS only have two ways forward, assess you on paper or carry out a new assessment, your claim cannot be progressed unless a recommendation on what points they think you should receive is made.

Unfortunately ATOS may be unwilling to carry out a paper assessment on the information that they have available and there is little that the claimant can do to push for one.

You can make a complaint to ATOS

www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/after_your_Consultation

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Melissa68

More
8 years 2 months ago #152250 by Melissa68
Replied by Melissa68 on topic PIP
Thank you for your reply.
Should I reply with a complaint ASAP and use that as a basis of trying to get them to assess me via paper only in order that I don't have to endure another face to face assessment? Or do I just complain about their inability to send a report to the DWP and 'lose' it in the process (although I still don't understand how they don't have a 'saved' copy of what they were in the process of sending to the DWP and then just resend it!) but perhaps I'm being thick there as it doesn't work like that!? Or am I better waiting until after?
The entire process has been dogged by issues with them ringing me the day before my first one and asking me to attend two hours earlier as a member of staff had called in sick!
I'm not sure what to do at all here really, push for a paper only assessment or go through the assessment again. When would you advise I make a complaint about my entire experience at the hands of ATOS?
Many thanks; any adive greatfully received :)

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #152270 by Gordon
Mili

The requirement for an assessment and your complaint will be separate processes, so it's entirely up to you when and if you make a complaint.

It's impossible to say whether pushing for a paper assessment would be to your advantage or not, both options have risks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152423 by Melissa68
Replied by Melissa68 on topic PIP
Hello again
I've contacted ATOS again today to clarify how my data had got lost and they now say the reason they want to do a second assessment is because they want ot do a 'fair assessment' and to check 'everything has been done correctly/make sure evrything is correct'. Have you heard of this before? It appears to get more bizarre by the minute, with a different reason both times I contacted them! I thought you had an assessment and then they made a decision, but obviously not in my case.
Many thanks for any advice/comments.

More
8 years 2 months ago #152440 by Gordon

Mili wrote: Hello again
I've contacted ATOS again today to clarify how my data had got lost and they now say the reason they want to do a second assessment is because they want ot do a 'fair assessment' and to check 'everything has been done correctly/make sure evrything is correct'. Have you heard of this before? It appears to get more bizarre by the minute, with a different reason both times I contacted them! I thought you had an assessment and then they made a decision, but obviously not in my case.
Many thanks for any advice/comments.

It sounds as if the report failed audit or was rejected by the Decision Maker as being unfit for purpose. If a new assessment has been ordered then even the notes from the first one were inadequate, so a new report based on them has also been ruled out.

Basically it's a mess and the only way out is for a completely new assessment to be done, unfortunately you are the one suffering for the original assessors incompetence.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.