× Members

PIP Awarded, Thank You B&W

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152580 by Capten
PIP Awarded, Thank You B&W was created by Capten
Thanks to the forum moderators and the guides, my husband's transition from DLA to PIP has been successful, cheers. :woohoo:

A few days after the award letter, he receives an ESA/50 04/15 to fill out. :(

I'm sorry to ask for help again, but I'm his carer who'll be filling out the form and I've gone a bit stress-blind. My husband is a B&W subscriber, can someone please point me to the link for the latest ESA Guide? He's already in the Support Group so it's a renewal or whatever they call it.

Many thanks and best wishes to all.

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #152606 by
Replied by on topic PIP Awarded, Thank You B&W

Capten wrote: Thanks to the forum moderators and the guides, my husband's transition from DLA to PIP has been successful, cheers. :woohoo:

A few days after the award letter, he receives an ESA/50 04/15 to fill out. :(

I'm sorry to ask for help again, but I'm his carer who'll be filling out the form and I've gone a bit stress-blind. My husband is a B&W subscriber, can someone please point me to the link for the latest ESA Guide? He's already in the Support Group so it's a renewal or whatever they call it.

Many thanks and best wishes to all.

Hi C,

Congratulations on your husband's PIP Award !!! :cheer:

Thanks for your kind words regarding all at B&W !! :)

With regards to his ESA reassessment :

Just to make you aware that : The Centre for Health and Disability Assessments (CHDA) (aka HAAS) (Maximus) who took over the ESA WCA Contract from ATOS on 02/03/15 now carry out ESA Assessments/Re-Assessments.

There have not been any changes to ESA Legislation since January 2013, however you should always use our most current Guides.

There have been some changes to The ESA50 itself.

Now that you have The ESA50, you may want to consider :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides on this page, 2nd & 3rd links down :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or Maximus. (aka CHDA, aka HAAS.)

You should treat this re-assessment as if it was his first assessment and not assume that The Assessor will have access to any of his previous evidence. They may not even know that he is currently in The SG, so you should make it clear that he is.

It is therefore important that you reiterate how and why he still qualifies for The SG, in that the limitations that he suffers as a result of his medical conditions have not changed nor diminished to such an extent that he no longer qualify for The SG.

Nor has he learned to deal with or adapt to his limitations since his last assessment.

If you are aware how and why he was placed into The SG last time, you could cite that also.

If you want to obtain fresh evidence such as a letter of support from his G.P., obtain it yourself and post it with the ESA50.

Do not rely on Maximus/DWP contacting his G.P. , even if you request that they do so.

They seldom do and are not legally obliged to do so.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your ESA related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

More
8 years 1 month ago #153231 by Capten
Replied by Capten on topic PIP Awarded, Thank You B&W
Hey bro58,

Thank you so much for your very detailed reply which I've only now been able to look at - SO appreciated, and promise if I have any other questions will keep to this thread. All best wishes to you & everyone else at B&W where I used to signpost but had to give up because of worsening health, which this ESA50 thing six days after PIP award isn't helping... again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts and please stay well.

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 1 month ago #153291 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Awarded, Thank You B&W
Great news Capten! Thanks for letting us know and your kind words about B+W :)

Absolute pain about the ESA reassessment! :angry:

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.