× Members

DLA renewed after PIP application?

• rhy1968@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155409 by rhy1968@hotmail.com
DLA renewed after PIP application? was created by rhy1968@hotmail.com
Last year I was quite surprised to be invited to apply for DLA but the 1 year award I got seemed to fit with PIP being introduced.

This year I've been invited to apply for PIP but, having done so a few weeks ago (or at least got a carer to ring for me), I've not been asked to complete a PIP2, only a visit from the DWP to arrange for someone else to deal with my paperwork.

I have also received a DLA award letter for 2 years.

Part of me thinks it might just be a way of ensuring DLA payments continue while the PIP assessment proceeds but having searched through various forums I can't find any mention of other people receiving DLA awards after making the initial application for PIP.

Is it usual to get a new award letter, or does it mean they're delaying the transfer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago #155412 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA renewed after PIP application?

Daska wrote: Last year I was quite surprised to be invited to apply for DLA but the 1 year award I got seemed to fit with PIP being introduced.

This year I've been invited to apply for PIP but, having done so a few weeks ago (or at least got a carer to ring for me), I've not been asked to complete a PIP2, only a visit from the DWP to arrange for someone else to deal with my paperwork.

I have also received a DLA award letter for 2 years.

Part of me thinks it might just be a way of ensuring DLA payments continue while the PIP assessment proceeds but having searched through various forums I can't find any mention of other people receiving DLA awards after making the initial application for PIP.

Is it usual to get a new award letter, or does it mean they're delaying the transfer?

Hi D,

They do have the facility to extend a fixed term DLA award until after the PIP decision is made.

However, once you have entered the DLA to PIP transfer process, it should proceed to a final decision.

You might want to contact PIP to ensure that the PIP 2 Form has not got lost in the post :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

They may also be able to shed some light on what is going on.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

This Post in our Spotlight Area at the top of The forum.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

• rhy1968@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #155414 by rhy1968@hotmail.com
Replied by rhy1968@hotmail.com on topic DLA renewed after PIP application?
So getting a new award is normal then? Thank you.

The uncertainty has driving my anxiety through the roof, I can cope far with bad news better than no news! Fingers crossed the PIP2 form will be here soon.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago #155422 by bro58

Daska wrote: So getting a new award is normal then? Thank you.

The uncertainty has driving my anxiety through the roof, I can cope far with bad news better than no news! Fingers crossed the PIP2 form will be here soon.

Hi D,

I didn't say getting a new DLA Award is normal !

What I did say is that existing DLA fixed term awards can be extended beyond the end date until a PIP decision has been made.

You need to contact PIP !

bro58

• rhy1968@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #155452 by rhy1968@hotmail.com
Replied by rhy1968@hotmail.com on topic DLA renewed after PIP application?
Sorry, I thought you were implying it was effectively an accounting procedure, so that payments continue. Is it unusual to get an award letter extending it for two years then to cover the application period?

I will get a carer to contact them tomorrow, can't do it myself.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 3 weeks ago #155465 by bro58

Daska wrote: Sorry, I thought you were implying it was effectively an accounting procedure, so that payments continue. Is it unusual to get an award letter extending it for two years then to cover the application period?

I will get a carer to contact them tomorrow, can't do it myself.

Hi D,

"Is it unusual to get an award letter extending it for two years then to cover the application period? "

Yes, it is not the norm !

Are you sure that the DLA letter is not simply the normal annual DLA entitlement letter ??

You do need to gain some clarity from PIP, as I have no idea what this letter is !

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.