× Members

social phobia: 2 days notification before medical

More
8 years 1 week ago #156747 by billybird
Does anybody know if there is a time period that is supposed to be given between notification of a medical and the medical itself?
I received a text today from the DWP (19th) saying don't forget your medical on the 21st! This is the 1st I have heard I have had no earlier letter or prior notification.. Can they do this? I have social phobia/anxiety and explained in detail in my form I struggle to do anything without time to prepare. I feel as though its being done on purpose.

does anybody have any advise or experience of this?
thanks in advance, Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #156760 by slugsta
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You should be given at least 7 days notice of a face2face assessment although this does also include time in the post. You do not have to accept anything at short notice. However, it seems that the assessment provider thinks they have already notified you and this was supposed to be just a reminder. I think the only thing you can do is contact the assessment provider about this. You do not say which benefit this is for - it will be ATOS or Capita for PIP or Maximus for ESA.

The claimant is allowed to rearrange the appointment once without any problem but then must attend the next one or risk the claim being closed. You need to try and persuade them that this is not your fault so that you still keep your two chances! The most obvious thing is the check the address they have on record for you, otherwise everything will go astray.

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now.

That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP/ESA/DLA related queries to this topic ! :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: billybird

More
8 years 5 days ago #157151 by billybird
Hi,
Thanks for your reply and all the great help on this forum and site.

It was an ESA medical,. I decided I should try to make this appointment and get it over and done with in the end as i'd only be worrying otherwise waiting for a new appointment to arrive or be texted to me :/

I don't think it went too well. I noticed also that my ESA50 form wasn't out of the interviewers folder or looked at atall. I followed your help booklets closely and took a lot of time to include everything important. I wrote a lot, it would have been a pain to read probably. My interviewer said they'd review my medical score and medical documents and let me know, I don't recall him mentioning my eas50 questionnaire form too. Is it possible they will dismiss my form if there's a lot to muddle through? As I wasn'tt able to cover much face to face at my medical.

Thanks again, Lee :)

More
8 years 4 days ago #157164 by Gordon
Lee

The DWP guidance for assessors is clear that any recommendation that they make must be based, in addition to the assessment, on the claimants ESA50 and any evidence attached.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: billybird

More
7 years 11 months ago #158258 by billybird
Hi,

My claim was successful and I have been placed in the work related activity group.
Thanks for all help!

Best wishes, Lee

More
7 years 11 months ago #158259 by billybird
I just wanted to extend a massive Thankyou to all at Benefits and work' for the invaluable help and advise you provide. I don't think I would have been able to navigate through the vague, misleading and unhelpful esa50 questionnaire and medical without the thorough, detailed and eye opening information and advice I have found on this site. It makes such a huge difference to not have to go though this process alone and in the dark! ~ Thankyou!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.