× Members

PIP renewals

More
7 years 11 months ago #158295 by Johnny
PIP renewals was created by Johnny
Hi

As I have been successful in seeing my claim out on appeal, I though I'd send my latest query as a fresh topic, as it might also benefit others.

I'm aware that in the case of a 2 year PIP award, the DWP issue renewals 1 year into the award, So, for example if my award is from Jan 2016, I can expect DWP to issue a renewal by Jan 2017.

In the event of that happening do DWP; (a) take into account the level of award the claimants is currently on. (b) take into account that the claimants condition has not changed and (c) when are the claimants PIP payments likely to be effected in the event of DWP requesting a renewal after one year, in my case on Jan 2017?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158308 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP renewals
Hi Jonny,

It is most likely that the assessor and decision maker will have no knowledge of your previous/current award.

We always advise claimants to fill in the reassessment forms in depth, even if that means repeating the previous form word for word (which is easier to do if you save everything on your computer).

The new decision will come into effect immediately (which makes a farce of the original award length!)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158332 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP renewals
Thanks.

When you say reassessment (which should be used by DWP instead of the phoney 'renewal') , does it involve a fresh claim through a PIP2 from scratch? I ask that because, as you are aware, in relation to being reassessed for ESA one has the opportunity of filling out an ESA50 rather than reapplying for ESA from scratch.

Also, In dealing with the so-called renewal, is it beneficial to send evidence which, although slightly dated, having been used for the original claim, is still relevant because the claimants condition has not changed?

More
7 years 11 months ago #158347 by Johnny
Replied by Johnny on topic PIP renewals
Sorry

Meant to ask!

Suppose, having been awarded PIP for 2 years, I get the 1 year in advance PIP renewal notice from DWP, and then having sent back the renewal form I am unsuccessful and no extension is awarded, will the original award of two years still be allowed to run its course before my PIP is stopped?

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #158350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewals

Johnny wrote: Thanks.

When you say reassessment (which should be used by DWP instead of the phoney 'renewal') , does it involve a fresh claim through a PIP2 from scratch? I ask that because, as you are aware, in relation to being reassessed for ESA one has the opportunity of filling out an ESA50 rather than reapplying for ESA from scratch.

Also, In dealing with the so-called renewal, is it beneficial to send evidence which, although slightly dated, having been used for the original claim, is still relevant because the claimants condition has not changed?

It's full reassessment of your claim, new PIP2, assessment and Decision.

You should not assume that those who will look at your claim will have any knowledge of or documents from your current claim, so you should submit any relevant evidence that you have, even if it was previously sent to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158352 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewals

Johnny wrote: Sorry

Meant to ask!

Suppose, having been awarded PIP for 2 years, I get the 1 year in advance PIP renewal notice from DWP, and then having sent back the renewal form I am unsuccessful and no extension is awarded, will the original award of two years still be allowed to run its course before my PIP is stopped?

Any new Decision from a reassessment will apply from the date it is made and will supersede any previous award from that date.

So if your claim was again denied then that Decision will apply immediately.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.