× Members

PIP journey

More
7 years 11 months ago #160137 by duckduckdo
PIP journey was created by duckduckdo
In Dec brown envelope arrived advising Indefinite DLA mobility stopped (as paid 4 weeks in arrears). Invited to claim PIP. So stressful was shaking when rang DWP for PIP claim. Completed with help from the guides on how disabilities/illnesses have on my day to day life etc. Had a home visit from Atos due to what I had put on my form. Dreaded the f2f . HP arrived 20 mins early and was extremely thorough. There was no hiding place and was upsetting going through all the problems and poor quality of life but it had to be done. I have just recd the brown envelope and couldn't stop shaking with absolute dread. Opened and so relieved I have been awarded high rate mobility and standard care so not only can I keep my car and blue badge, which without I would be housebound but also better off than on DLA. I am sooo grateful for this site along with all the moderators and members on the forum. I could not have done it without you. At times you were like a close friend holding my hand to guide me through the ordeal. I would advise all members to renew their membership so that they can always access this wonderful site and be prepared when those dreaded brown envelopes drop through the door. Thank you so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #160155 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP journey
mememe

Many congratulations on the award and thank you for your comments about the site.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160161 by Bob
Replied by Bob on topic PIP journey
Well done Mememe that's great news, Now you can relax and get on with your life, as a matter of interest how long is your award for.
Bob

More
7 years 11 months ago #160178 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP journey
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #160183 by Mary
Replied by Mary on topic PIP journey
Big Hugs mememe so happy you got your award :) woo hoo xxx

More
7 years 11 months ago #160193 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic PIP journey
I rang DWP as advised by B&W a week after my f2f to request a copy of the HP report. The decision maker awarded points exactly to the HP report. The HP suggested the award for 3 years, which again the decision maker has followed. I've decided you,re entitled to ... & ..... from 23 June 2016 to 4 May 2020. We'll contact you after 4th May 2019 to make sure you're receiving the right level of PIP. If your award of PIP has an end date you'll be sent a letter around 14 weeks before your award ends.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.