× Members

pip assessment , too anxious to talk

More
7 years 10 months ago #161571 by Starsparkle08
pip assessment , too anxious to talk was created by Starsparkle08
I have mental health problems . I had my pip assessment last week . I was too anxious to talk for most of the assessment so my cpn spoke a lot of my behalf .

I don't no how it went really .
How long after face to face assessment do people find out the result ( on average )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161577 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic pip assessment , too anxious to talk
Hello Starsparkle

Sorry you found your face to face assessment so difficult; it's good that you had someone with you who knows you and could speak on your behalf.

I think at the moment people are waiting between four and eight weeks to hear the result of their assessment; it depends on where you live and whether there is a backlog of cases. I'm sure other members will be able to tell you more about this.

If you have any problems when you receive your award letter, please get back to us and we will try to help you. If you bookmark/favourite the page you will be able to find us quickly and we'll be able to refer to your previous correspondence more easily. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clarissa

More
7 years 10 months ago #161580 by Clarissa
Replied by Clarissa on topic pip assessment , too anxious to talk
Hi Starsparkle,

Just been through the same thing as you, unable to speak because of my conditions and having to rely on someone answering for me at my assessment - my heart goes out to you, know you're not alone in what you went through.

I just asked the same question as you on my thread, so I'll be waiting on a decision too. I'm in Edinburgh. And thank you to Shelam for this answer.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161604 by Starsparkle08
Replied by Starsparkle08 on topic pip assessment , too anxious to talk
Thankyou both for replying .

I've just had a text saying they have all the infomation they need .

I found that the assessment really amplified my anxiety . The lady was very pleasant who came , just afterwards and when my cpn left I felt extremely low . I get flashbacks daily however I had considerably more in the few days following this assessment . I had to contact the crisis team a few times during this time .

More
7 years 10 months ago #161643 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic pip assessment , too anxious to talk
I'm sorry to hear this , I hope the result is in your favour , I Completly understand how your feeling I have my pip f2f in 8 days and I've had 5 anxiety attacks just thinking about it :(

More
7 years 10 months ago #161663 by Starsparkle08
Replied by Starsparkle08 on topic pip assessment , too anxious to talk
I hope it goes ok for you , if you an have someone to support you I would reccomend that .x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.