× Members

Pip assessment and supporting evidence

More
7 years 10 months ago #161568 by Littlebipolar
Pip assessment and supporting evidence was created by Littlebipolar
:( hello I'm on DLA and was invited to apply for PIP so sent off my form with supporting evidence from my doctor and psychiatrist ,as well as my prescription list I have now been called in for an assessment and I am absolutely petrified . I suffer from bipolar personality disorder and slipped discs, I also recently have amputated my finger due to not being able to do simple everyday things, I rely heavily on care from others . Can anyone please give me some advice on the assessment , I've read a lot of the assessors have little or no knowledge of mentle health

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161582 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment and supporting evidence
Hi Lb and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Although we all hear horror stories about these assessments, the majority of them are carried out in a professional manner. However, you are correct in saying that the person who carries it out will have been specifically trained in assessment, rather than mental health.

Our PIP guide explains what to expect and also what criteria you will be assessed against.

PIP help for claimants

Members are, of course, welcome to tell you of their experiences.

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments relating to your PIP claim without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161640 by Littlebipolar
Replied by Littlebipolar on topic Pip assessment and supporting evidence
:( hello I'm new to this site and have joined paying the subscription , I was on high rate care DLA and low rate mobility I applied for pip sent all medical evidence ( prescription list psychiatrist letter and gp letter ) and have been called in for a f2f assessment , I am petrified . Just to give you some back ground , I am bipolar have a personality disorder and suffer from severe anxiety (also psychosis), physically I have slipped discs and recently amputated my finger attempting to cook for myself , so I have a few people who care for me .in the past I have been sectioned a few times, although I've been unstable I haven't been sectioned in the last two years as I have a whole bunch of people who provide care for me , it's scared because if I lose my reward I lose my care and then my home ( currently have spare room for carers ) any advice on the f2f please the only thing I can find on here is one document saying what they may ask, I'm in a complete mess and I think this is going to send me into decline .

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161649 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip assessment and supporting evidence
Hi Lb,

I have merged your question with the similar one you made relating to your PIP as it helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one topic.

I'm not sure whether you read the PIP guide I linked to in my reply above? If not, that is the best place to start. If you have done so already and it did not tell you what you want to know, then I'm afraid you'll have to explain what else you need.

Please reply to this message with further questions and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on my web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161684 by Littlebipolar
Thank you I have now book marked this page
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 9 months ago #161915 by Littlebipolar
Evening I have my up coming assessment so I'm sorry for all my questions . What I didn't include with my pip assessment is a letter off one of my carers . I have an assment this coming Monday . My carer has wrote me a detailed letter of the care that I recieve and the difficulties I have . This is all supported by my GP and psychiatrist letters which I did send with the "how your disability affects you " form . What I wanted to ask is it too late for me to send my carers supporting letter in order for it to be able to be taken into account ? And what are the chances of them doing a paper based assessment before my appointment on Monday ? She said she would post it guaranteed next day tomorrow . Also the address she was given when she rang pip was "Freeport DWP pip" as the full postal address ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.