× Members

Lifetime DLA to PIP

More
7 years 9 months ago #161999 by rizla67
Lifetime DLA to PIP was created by rizla67
Hi,
I've just received an appointment letter from the Health Assessment Advisory Service who have been asked by the DWP to carry out an assessment in relation to my benefit claim. I currently receive lifetime DLA, Higher rate Mobility Low care. I've been waiting for the dreaded form but have not received one, is it normal for them to just send you for a medical assessment without completing a form? I'm worried I've missed something and as it only gives me a date and time (no other info) I'm unsure if I need to take anything with me.

Thanks for your help/advice

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #162007 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Lifetime DLA to PIP
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If the letter is from HAAS it relates to an ESA claim rather than PIP. However, you should still have had a form to complete first (ESA50)

You should read this (it can be found in the 'spotlights' section at the top of the forum if you want to find it again)

Invited to a face to face assessment but no ESA50 sent

You might want to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions/comments without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously if everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and one claim per topic - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162025 by rizla67
Replied by rizla67 on topic Lifetime DLA to PIP
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. I did receive an ESA form a few months ago but I didn't complete and return it. I did receive ESA for 12 months but that stopped in Dec 2014 as it was NI based. I know they were paying my NI for a while after the ESA payments stopped. I didn't complete the form as I didn't want to put myself through the agony of the form and then an assessment just for £14/£15 a week NI contributions which they would probable refuse anyway! I am now very confused. Should I just go to the assessment and not mention the form?

Will it definitely be for ESA and not DLA/PIP?

Thanks again.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lifetime DLA to PIP

rizla67 wrote: Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me. I did receive an ESA form a few months ago but I didn't complete and return it. I did receive ESA for 12 months but that stopped in Dec 2014 as it was NI based. I know they were paying my NI for a while after the ESA payments stopped. I didn't complete the form as I didn't want to put myself through the agony of the form and then an assessment just for £14/£15 a week NI contributions which they would probable refuse anyway! I am now very confused. Should I just go to the assessment and not mention the form?

Will it definitely be for ESA and not DLA/PIP?

Thanks again.

The Health Assessment Advisory Service only deal with ESA claims!

Whether you should attend is up to you. At the moment you are receiving NI Credits that count towards a full State Pension, you now need 35 years of Credits or Contributions for this, so you should consider whether this would be a future issue!

If you decide you do not want to continue with the process, then I would recommend your closing you claim rather than simply not attending, you can do this in writing to the DWP office that dealt with your ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #162055 by rizla67
Replied by rizla67 on topic Lifetime DLA to PIP
Hi Gordan
Thanks for getting back to me. I thought not completing and returning the form would cancel the ESA claim....? I think I might just give them a call. Thanks for your help.

Sam

More
7 years 9 months ago #162070 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lifetime DLA to PIP

rizla67 wrote: Hi Gordan
Thanks for getting back to me. I thought not completing and returning the form would cancel the ESA claim....? I think I might just give them a call. Thanks for your help.

Sam

Normally it would, but if the claimant is believed to have mental health issues then the process can be allowed to continue.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.