× Members

new claim

More
7 years 9 months ago #162915 by IDS
new claim was created by IDS
Hi, i have just been told I have Meniere's disease, am already on esa
high rate mobility, should I be claiming anything else ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #162931 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic new claim
Hello IDS

The best way to find out if you should be claiming anything else is to try the ESA test.

In the side bar, go to Employment and support Allowance, and click on 'Take the ESA test'. Score yourself harshly, as an assessor would do, and see whether you would score any more points if you were to fill in a fresh claim. Always remember, there is the possibility you could lose the award you already have.

You could also apply for PIP, given that PIP is focused on how your disability affects your ability to cope, and obviously Meniere's disease will have an effect on how you are able to deal with day to day activities. You could ask your GP whether he/she would be willing to support your application and depending on his/her response, decide whether you want t put yourself through the stress of applying for that. Read through other members' experiences also to see whether you want to go ahead.

It's really up to you, only you know how badly your illness affects you, and how easily (or otherwise) you could cope with the stress of applying. Good luck, whatever you decide. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #162940 by IDS
Replied by IDS on topic new claim
Thank you for your reply, I have been trying to find any updates in B+W regarding Meniere's disease but what I found is from over three year ago. Thanks again

More
7 years 9 months ago #163001 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic new claim

IDS wrote: Thank you for your reply, I have been trying to find any updates in B+W regarding Meniere's disease but what I found is from over three year ago. Thanks again

Don't forget that it is the limitations that result from a condition that will get you an ESA award rather than the diagnosis itself.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163539 by IDS
Replied by IDS on topic new claim
Hi again, its over four weeks since I sent a letter regarding the above, nothing back from them are legally obliged to at least acknowledge the letter.
Thanks

More
7 years 9 months ago #163589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic new claim

IDS wrote: Hi again, its over four weeks since I sent a letter regarding the above, nothing back from them are legally obliged to at least acknowledge the letter.
Thanks

I'm afraid the DWP rarely acknowledge receipt of a letter, there no legal requirement for them to do so. Your best option is to ring them and ask.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.