× Members

Missed WCA

More
7 years 9 months ago #165294 by Darren
Missed WCA was created by Darren
Hi,

Wonder if I can get some help please.

I have been in receipt of ESA for 5 years, all of this time in the support group - Mental health issues but generally diagnosed anxiety and panic disorder and eating disorder. I also receive PIP.

I had a WCA last Friday, and I didn't go. They cancelled the first one, so this was the second appointment they had sent to me. I have no reason for not going other than I just forgot all about it.

I now have no idea what I am supposed to do.

Will they just stop the ESA and send a letter to me asking why I didn't turn up?

I cannot really provide an explanation to them, other than I am pretty forgetful short term due to some medication I take, so it simply slipped my mind.

Just not sure where I go from here or what I do.

TIA

Darren.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Missed WCA
Darren

As long as it was Maximus that cancelled the first appointment then you should be OK and receive a new appointment, however, you must attend this whenever or wherever it is booked for, failing to attend a second appointment will result in your file being returned to the DWP and could result in your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darren

More
7 years 9 months ago #165338 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic Missed WCA
Great stuff, thank you Gordon, I appreciate your response.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris