× Members

PIP Assessment HP's Report

More
7 years 8 months ago #166321 by Jul
PIP Assessment HP's Report was created by Jul
Hi Everybody, had my PIP HP's assessment report on Wednesday (it took a week to arrive after my phone request) and it was very fair with regard to my mental health. I was scored highly on mental health for both Daily Living and Moving About which reflects my current indefinite DLA award of Middle Care and Low Mobility. The Assessor has scored me 21 points for Daily Living Needs and 10 points for Moving About/Mobility.

As I've mentioned earlier, my physical mobility was passed over and I've discussed this with my GP who is very supportive. At the time of the assessment, there was an issue as to what constituted a physical illness in respect of mobility. As agoraphobia has kept me housebound for such a long time causing weight gain and 'general physical deterioration and unfitness', I really felt it should have been taken into consideration. However, I like having the hope of regaining an acceptable level of fitness with a suitable move where I can get out and about to walk. My GP is in agreement but put no pressure on me to accept the initial findings of the report. She does think my life/physical fitness can improve in time and it has cheered me up a bit though I disagree with the assessor's statement that I can walk more than 200 metres repeatedly and safely! At the moment I really can't do more than 50 metres!

Although I feel generally positive about the report, I am concerned at the amount of 'general' mistakes the assessor has made. For example, she states I 'drive to hospital every 3-4 weeks' when I don't, I limp the 50 metres over the road to my GP every 3-4weeks though didn't make it yesterday as couldn't face going out so my GP rang me instead. Also, she clearly contradicts herself on at least four occasions.

More worrying is that it is stated that the evidence submitted was my PIP2 Questionnaire and a 'Claimant letter of support undated (assumed 27/06/16)'. I submitted nothing but the PIP2 and am concerned another claimant's letter of evidence has been clipped to my PIP2.

I would be very grateful if anyone else has had this particular anomaly, or if a Moderator could comment. I mean, if there really is a letter there, it means it's going to be missing from the evidence of somebody else! I really don't want to phone them, especially before I get word from the Decision Maker, but it is a worry.

But I won't end on a worry. No way! To anyone facing their assessment, supported or unsupported, at home or at a centre, please know that it is survivable, the assessor, even if s/he makes mistakes is a human being, and if your report has mistakes that affect the outcome of your award then you can challenge them. The overall feeling I get from the assessment itself and reading the HP's report is that they do their best in the time they have but they inevitably struggle with accuracy. And that just makes them seem more 'human'. Just my humble opinion. :) B) :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166324 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment HP's Report
Jul

It's very unlikely that there is someone else's letter attached to your PIP2, it's far more likely that the assessor has mistakenly stated that there is, but if you are still concerned you can request a copy of the letter. I would issue a Subject Access Request rather than just phoning up.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

More
7 years 8 months ago #166331 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic PIP Assessment HP's Report
Thanks Gordon. I'll do as you suggest. B)

More
7 years 8 months ago #166357 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic PIP Assessment HP's Report
Just a thought should it be a letter of support from the GP perhaps

More
7 years 8 months ago #166374 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Assessment HP's Report

Orangeblossom wrote: Just a thought should it be a letter of support from the GP perhaps

Knowing ATOS/DWP, it could be anything (or nothing)!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #166408 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic PIP Assessment HP's Report
oh a really big well done to u Jul, heehee!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.