× Members

PIP assessment over at last

More
7 years 8 months ago #167334 by benion
PIP assessment over at last was created by benion
Had the assessment today. Lady was businesslike but said "fabulous" whenever I got an answer correct, like one pound minus 75p. I think I was doing OK until she asked me about education and she asked me if I hold a uni degree which I do. I noticed her scribbling loads of notes down about this and I was reading her notes upside down and it said "how got a degree with cognitive impairment". Actually Asperger's makes me smart with science and I got the degree before I got ill with bipolar.
Personally I do not think I have got the award. Broke down in tears twice, it was pretty horrible. Just glad it is over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment over at last
Benion

Well at least it is done :)

You should be able to order a copy of the report next week.

Decisions are still taking 7-8 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167349 by benion
Replied by benion on topic PIP assessment over at last
I have come out feeling like a fraudster actually! Except I have been sectioned numerous times so there must be something wrong with me.
She really peed me off keep saying "fabulous" because I could do a basic maths question.
The only positive is I will go on getting DLA for 8 weeks...then I guess I am stuffed.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167371 by unBat412Fd
Replied by unBat412Fd on topic PIP assessment over at last
Yes they are experts in making us feel like fraudsters. My fingers are crossed for you Benion, hope you get a good result. Am not surprised she peed you off, saying "fabulous" all the time, that would have drove me up the wall too. Best o luck! PP :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #167372 by solitude
Replied by solitude on topic PIP assessment over at last
May I ask what they define as 'cognitive impairment' being exactly? I had a similar situation at my assessment, when I mentioned I attended Grammar school, which was then mentioned in the notes on my rejection letter, and which also included the bit about not showing any signs of cognitive impairment.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167389 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment over at last

solitude wrote: May I ask what they define as 'cognitive impairment' being exactly? I had a similar situation at my assessment, when I mentioned I attended Grammar school, which was then mentioned in the notes on my rejection letter, and which also included the bit about not showing any signs of cognitive impairment.

There's no PIP definition for Cognitive Impairment, so I would expect them to use the medical ones.

My impression is that the assessors and DWP staff have a naïve view of the problem and are primarily considering learning difficulties and brain damage, where in fact the problems can result from a far broader range of conditions and can even be the result of medication.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: solitude

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.