× Members

feel like I am being hounded

More
7 years 7 months ago #168778 by petpud
feel like I am being hounded was created by petpud
Please help - I thought at least I would have another year to eighteen months before I was subjected to yet more form filling/evidence gathering with all the accompanying anxiety but no!!
I was awarded ESA SA about 2 1/2 years ago after a mandatory recon.(all aided by this wonderful site) for the last 7 years I also should have claimed DLA then PIP but I didn't because the process was too much for me (I sent away for the forms on 3 occasions)

Anyway this year with the help of this forum and a friend I filled in the form, attended the ATOS assessment, was awarded Higher rate care and Mobility !!! I was overjoyed the mental stress it caused me was so great I was prescribed tranquilizers just to attend the assessment. So why do I feel hounded? well I was only awarded PIP 2 months ago and today a ESA 50 landed on my doorstep.

I couldn't believe it do I have to go thru all that again? is there no way ATOS can used the PIP evidence (only 4 months old) for my ESA claim? or is that too simple - I don't think I could go thru it all again please advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168794 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic feel like I am being hounded
petpud

I am afraid ESA and PIP have different assessment criteria and a report from one cannot be used replace a report from the other.

You need to complete this ESA50 in detail and provide medical evidence as you can, even if it has been sent before. Have a look at our ESA Claim guides for information on how to complete the form.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: petpud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris