× Members

PIP questions discrepancy

More
7 years 7 months ago #168931 by sitterum
PIP questions discrepancy was created by sitterum
My benefit adviser filled in my sons PIP 2 form. He has severe learning difficulties and a cognitive age of around 2 to 3 years

My only query is on the first and last questions

3a “Do you use an aid or appliance to cook a simple meal” my benefit adviser ticked YES, fully knowing my son can’t cook at all.
In the extra info box she wrote… Because of the severity of his disability, there are no aids or appliances that would help him with this activity.

Now I might be wrong, but surly the assessor would pick up on this discrepancy?

Q14a “How far can you walk taking into account any aids you use? She ticked less than 20 metres.. In the extra info box she wrote “he cannot go out alone and I have to be his physical aid, his carer and his representative”

Does being accompanied/aided by another person count as an aid?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168948 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP questions discrepancy
Hi Steve,

In the first example, we would have advised leaving all boxes empty and then explaining the situation in the text box. Hopefully the assessor will actually bother to read the text and understand the discrepancy.

As far as the walking descriptor is concerned, another person is not considered to be an aid to walking.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168962 by sitterum
Replied by sitterum on topic PIP questions discrepancy
Hi there,

Thanks for the advice.

I was considering leaving the boxes empty in question 3a, especially as I ticked yes for 3b “that he needs help from someone to cook a simple meal”

But my only concern was, that they might send the form back stating it was in complete, and that I hadn’t answered all the questions.

More
7 years 7 months ago #168964 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP questions discrepancy
I don't think we have ever seen a form sent back due to being incompletely filled out. However, lack of information certainly makes a face2face assessment more likely.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sitterum

More
7 years 7 months ago #168981 by sitterum
OK.

Thanks again for the advice

More
7 years 7 months ago #169182 by sitterum
Sorry to trouble you again

If my son can’t read or write, I presume its OK for me to sign the PIP 2 form on his behalf as his appointee?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.