× Members

How often does DM agree with assessor?

More
7 years 7 months ago #169099 by benion
I got assessors report and was well chuffed with it but I am now worried the DM could overrule this and just give me a big fat zero. How often do the DM and assessor agree?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169115 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How often does DM agree with assessor?

benion wrote: I got assessors report and was well chuffed with it but I am now worried the DM could overrule this and just give me a big fat zero. How often do the DM and assessor agree?

There are no statistics available on this but I would be surprised if it was more than 10% and we do see them increasing points as well as removing them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169118 by benion
Replied by benion on topic How often does DM agree with assessor?
they agree on 10% or disagree on 10%? I am a bit confused (no change there)

More
7 years 7 months ago #169120 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How often does DM agree with assessor?

benion wrote: they agree on 10% or disagree on 10%? I am a bit confused (no change there)

They disagree, at most, 10% of the time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #169127 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic How often does DM agree with assessor?
I recall seeing statistics on this about five years ago, where it was considerably less then 10%.

It would be quite difficult for a DM to justify ignoring the medical report to a tribunal because the're not likely to have much other evidence against a claimant.

More
7 years 7 months ago #169135 by Chris77
Replied by Chris77 on topic How often does DM agree with assessor?
It means they only disagree with the report 10% of the time and agree with it 90% of time. Whether its PIPS or ESA is the same.

To speed up the process of clearing the backlog it is rumoured that they are totally relying on the assessors report, this mean they can clear the backlog faster. There are lots of reports including on this site and many others that support this view.

Ultimately if the assessor has ticked the right boxes that get you points, which are detailed on here above his notes then you will get the benefits. You can check that easily if its pips by subscribing to the site and downloading the PIPS pack which details how many points each prescript or, box the assessor has ticked. However if its ESA then you cannot do that.

Hope that helps and Good Luck

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.