× Members

Well, its done!

More
7 years 5 months ago #171418 by littlenell11
Well, its done! was created by littlenell11
Just going to list of queries, in this new topic as requested

Diagnosed with MS sometime ago, now looks as though this will be changed, still having investigations, symptoms not changed as such, just worsened, so,and other things have surfaced! i did wondered should i notify the DWP, but was advised, as my symptoms haven't changed there is no need, but i have now received a letter from DWP asking do i want to apply for PIP as DLA is being replaced. So, when I make my initial phone call to DWP, i assume they will ask what is wrong me?..............what do I say? do they require a diagnosis>??
I need to apologise to Mrs Hurtyback! you have responded to my previous posts, so grateful, but having had this letter from them today...........just in a whirl again!

Dont think too badly of me, very scared and confused

claire xxxxxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #171426 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Well, its done!
vinnyax@

Have a look at the PIP Claim guide, it explains what you will be asked about on the call, you will not need to go into your conditions in detail and you do not need to say that there has been a change to the underlying conditions.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11

More
7 years 5 months ago #171430 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Well, its done!
No problem vinnyax :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: littlenell11

More
7 years 5 months ago #171520 by littlenell11
Replied by littlenell11 on topic Well, its done!
Hi.,

Just wanted to let you know I received my 'invite' letter yesterday to apply for PIP from DLA. So, I rang them first thing this morning, it took 32 mins to get answered, then a further 15 mins to answer the questions. All they asked was personal details, name address etc, then, contact details of a health professional who is dealing with me, No questions about my condition and disabilites, really easy, time consuming but easy. Most of the time was taken by being informed of rules, and procedures. So, I now wait for the form, she said, it takes about 14 days, if i havent heard in 3 weeks to call them back. I just wanted to post to help and put others at ease when you receive your letter.

Hope I've helped.

take care x
The following user(s) said Thank You: lindat, Gordon

More
7 years 5 months ago #171521 by littlenell11
Just to add to my previous post .............getting my 'invite' letter for PIP from DLA. I am aware that this is just beginning of the long and stressful road, however, I really wanted to allay any fears about the initial letter.

take care everyone

x

More
7 years 5 months ago #171522 by littlenell11
Just seen your reply Gordon, thank you so much for your reponse.

x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.