× Members

PIP brown envelope came today HAPPY

More
7 years 5 months ago #171982 by clivenick58
PIP brown envelope came today HAPPY was created by clivenick58

I was very sceptical at getting the enhanced rates on all the PIP and ongoing (2026). So I need to say thanks to this site and reading everything on how to fill out the forms and of course what information they (DWP) require, proves what the Moderators state and print on here - shows that it works correctly. I did post around 6 weeks ago stating I had my home visit from the CAPITIA assessor and all she kept saying I had do the right thing. I now presume she meant all the medical information and photo's of all the work/Adaptions to my home, and items I use in everyday life. I actually forgot to put items in my application but had them under the assessors nose so she could not say she did not see them.
So now I would like to thank this site for all the hard work they do to help people like myself to get what they are entitled to and this includes EESA. People need to understand that this site does its best to point people in the right direction and it's correct, it's still down to the individual to get all the proof they can to send in with their application and not to send to much. The DWP and the Assessors DO NOT GET IN TOUCH WITH ANY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. My medical notes are some years old and not up to date with what is wrong with me. Read what the site has to say as it's all true and very helpfull. Thank you so much to Benefits and Work team yet again. keep up the good work
The following user(s) said Thank You: julieshaun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #171992 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP brown envelope came today HAPPY
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Thanks also for your reminder to members about sending in medical evidence rather than hoping DWP will source it.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivenick58

More
7 years 5 months ago #172721 by clivenick58
Replied by clivenick58 on topic PIP brown envelope came today HAPPY
Hi Mrs Hurtyback
I have now changed my name, and thank you again for the helpful information on here. I read somewhere that CAPITA and possibly ATOS, and the DWP do not want old medical information, I cannot understand why because if someone is diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis/stroke, (myself and a wheelchair user 24/7) ) and other things that will never change what is the point of having up to date medical information. Nothing can change and be done. It didn't make sense to me. Anyway my information helped and so did all the photos of the items in everyday use and life I need in and around my home, I even took photos of the crane/hoist in the car with one of my wheelchairs attached to it - so I think people should be made aware of these things to help them get what they do deserve, I didn't think it would but just goes show it does. Thank you Benefits and Work

More
7 years 5 months ago #172736 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP brown envelope came today HAPPY
clivenick

A reassessment is of your conditions and limitations as they are today, so the DWP argument is that old evidence only shows how you were and not how you are, however, this is a simplistic argument and takes no account that many claimants suffer from stable or deteriorating conditions so evidence from two or three years ago can still be reflective of how they are now, or has put a stick in the ground as to how they were.

There are exceptions to this and the DWP will pay less attention to old evidence for mental health issues and the ESA Substantial Risk Regulations always require up to date evidence.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.