× Members

Early PIP reassessment

More
7 years 6 months ago #172875 by Sparky
Early PIP reassessment was created by Sparky
Hi all
I have a friend who has a PIP award for for 3 years until September 2017 , and she has just received the reassessesment face to face appointment date of November 2016 which is just over 2 years !! surely this can't be right as 3 years should mean 3 years .
Just wondered if this is common , and if anyone else has experienced this .
Many thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172905 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Early PIP reassessment

Sparky wrote: Hi all
I have a friend who has a PIP award for for 3 years until September 2017 , and she has just received the reassessesment face to face appointment date of November 2016 which is just over 2 years !! surely this can't be right as 3 years should mean 3 years .
Just wondered if this is common , and if anyone else has experienced this .
Many thanks .

I'm afraid nearly all PIP awards are reassessed a year in advance of the award ending.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparky

More
7 years 6 months ago #172922 by Sparky
Replied by Sparky on topic Early PIP reassessment
Thanks for that Gordon , just wondered if this applies to Esa reassessments also .

More
7 years 6 months ago #172944 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Early PIP reassessment

Sparky wrote: Thanks for that Gordon , just wondered if this applies to Esa reassessments also .

No, ESA reassessments are initiated much nearer to the time, usually around 12 weeks ahead. Of course, the advantage is that ESA, unlike PIP, will not stop if a decision is delayed.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparky

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris