× Members

PIP Re-Assessment - ATOS Request for a Home Visit

More
7 years 6 months ago #172917 by Augustus
I am currently being re-assessed for PIP, and when I rang ATOS to ask whether I was going to be called in for a face2face interview, they said they were coming to me.
I said this was not possible for domestic reasons and they it changed over to a normal visit by the claimant,

I think this situation is unusual, so I am concerned, even worried they may draw negative conclusions about why I turned down a home visit. Do you think this is likely and that I should be prepared for questions about this?

Thank you

A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #172938 by slugsta
Hi Augustus,

Isn't it typical that people who want/need a home assessment have to fight to get one, whereas you were given one without asking and don't want it?! :S

That you were offered a home appointment suggests that the assessor has accepted that you have a significant degree of impairment.It might be worth a brief explanation of why you would prefer not to have the assessor in your home but I wouldn't expect it to be of major significance.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 6 months ago #172958 by Augustus
As ever Mrs H, thank you for your advice.

But just to be sure, should I prepare some kind of brief explanation in writing, and hand it to the HCP at the interview? Is that a good idea?

A

More
7 years 6 months ago #172960 by slugsta
You can do that if you wish, I can't see that it would do any harm.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Augustus

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris