× Members

ESA and family staying

More
7 years 3 months ago #178520 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and family staying

Gail55 wrote: p.s. would just like to say that it was this brilliant site that helped me with my appeal. I had no idea whatsoever of how to proceed and when I arrived for the appeal, one of the appeal team came out and said I had been put in the support group without me going into the room for them to assess my situation. I am so thankful that this site with all its information in plain english.
Thank you all!

Well done. Congratulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #178535 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA and family staying
That's great news about your appeal!

By the way - you didn't post in the wrong place, I was just giving you information for the future :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 3 months ago #178557 by Bill24chev
Replied by Bill24chev on topic ESA and family staying
[quote="Gail55
" post=178373]. My daughter and son in law are having very bad financial situation and want to move in here with their 5 children until they can get themselves on their feet. It will be very cramped but i'm willing to do this to help them. Since they are non dependents I realise that me and my almost ex will lose our housing benefit - but will I lose my ESA?

Gail
Although Social landkords often turn a blind eye to this ,there are rules and regulations concerning overcrowding in Council/social housing. So when you inform the LA for housing Benefit about your Non dependants It may be a good idea to also tell the Council house landlord which may be a diffrernt Council Department. stressing that is only a temporary measure

By the way depending on your Daughter's families financial/emplyment situuation you may not lose all your HB

bill

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris