× Members

ESA and Pip award

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #184247 by brodybams
ESA and Pip award was created by brodybams
Hi im a new member and would just like to say a big thank you for the valuable advice i have received since joining,i was in the activity group for esa but thanks to yous i have now been placed in the support group for the next two years,i was hoping for a longer period due to my on going health problems but its a start.
I have also just gone through the ordeal of being moved from DLA to PIP i was receiving the high rate of mobility and the low rate of care allowance on dla but after my assessment i have now been awarded the standard rate of daily living allowance(8points) and the standard rate of
mobility allowance (10 points) until 2021,my first thoughts were of joy even though i will be a bit worse off but the extra money i receive for being placed in the support group of ESA makes up for that,my second thought was to ask them to look at there decision again as i think i should have been awarded more points as i suffer with c.o.p.d. lumbar stenosis angina overactive bladder incontinence and for years anxiety and depression and find it difficult to cope with these problems with living on my own,but dont think i could handle going through the appeal process and a tribunal again which i think i would have had to do were it not for the advice i found on your site so once again many thanks.
Good luck to all the other members on here who are currently fighting for what they rightly deserve.
Thank you.
Dave.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #184272 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Pip award
David

Congratulations on the awards.

If you want to re-visit the Decision on your PIP then you can do so up to 13 months after the date of the Decision although you will have to explain why your request is late.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: brodybams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.