× Members

DLA to PIP letter

More
6 years 3 months ago #206126 by Teri606
Replied by Teri606 on topic DLA to PIP letter
Hi Gordon. How long should a person have to wait to get the HP report? I rang today and they said it would be at least a week. Thank you.

Teri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #206133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP letter
Teri

It may be quicker but we would expect 7-10 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Teri606

More
6 years 2 months ago #206624 by Teri606
Hi Gordon. I got my report back today. Does the DWP decision maker normally go with the descriptors which the HP has ticked please? I will post the outcome of my decision when I get it officially.

Teri

More
6 years 2 months ago #206645 by Gordon

Teri wrote: Hi Gordon. I got my report back today. Does the DWP decision maker normally go with the descriptors which the HP has ticked please? I will post the outcome of my decision when I get it officially.

Teri

I would expect them to unless there is a fundamental flaw in what the assessors has recommended.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #208015 by Teri606
Success- Thank you B&W! I rang the DWP to ask about my DLA to PIP decision and they told me that I would get a letter any day confirming that I had got enhanced care & mobility. My HP report had suggested that I had enough points but I was still apprehensive until I heard it confirmed from a nice person at DWP. I have to say that I have complicated health issues which affect my life in a multitude of ways and the HP pulled my information together fairly well. There were glaring errors in the report which I could have picked holes in if necessary but no lies at all.
I wish to extend my thanks to you Gordon in particular for all your help, advice & patience and to the Benefits & Work website in general for the wealth of information which helped to guide me in filling out the form and making sure that I described my difficulties for each of the descriptors.

Teri
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, ivyfox

More
6 years 2 months ago #208024 by Gordon
Teri

That's terrific news, very pleased for you.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris