× Members

War Pension

More
6 years 7 months ago #199822 by Gordy
War Pension was created by Gordy
Hello
I know you don't normally deal with these but maybe you can help me.
After a claim for deterioration I have had my WP upped from 20% to 30%.
Since then I have found a report from a second tier tribunal about an appellant who basically has exactly the same ailments and injuries as me but is in receipt of a 40% WP this is not in contention.His award is from the time he was diagnosed with said ailments,mine has taken over 20 years to reach this point.
My question is will I be able to use the tribunal case as a reference for me if I appeal the decision and If my award was changed would I be able to backdate it to when I was first diagnosed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #199848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic War Pension

Gordy wrote: Hello
I know you don't normally deal with these but maybe you can help me.
After a claim for deterioration I have had my WP upped from 20% to 30%.
Since then I have found a report from a second tier tribunal about an appellant who basically has exactly the same ailments and injuries as me but is in receipt of a 40% WP this is not in contention.His award is from the time he was diagnosed with said ailments,mine has taken over 20 years to reach this point.
My question is will I be able to use the tribunal case as a reference for me if I appeal the decision and If my award was changed would I be able to backdate it to when I was first diagnosed.

There shouldn't be a problem with your using the Decision, but you will need to show that your circumstances are the same.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris