× Members

PIP Reviews after Successful Tribunal Appeals

More
5 years 11 months ago #213579 by ivyfox
Following the F2F at home by a pleasant nurse on 1 May, I'm still waiting for a Decision.

I tried to telephone to request the PA4 on two occasions, but had to hang up while on hold because of panic attacks.

I wrote on 10 May to ask for the PA4, and again on 31 May to request both this and the DWP's Decision.

Following a comment elsewhere on the forum, I have re-checked the IAS booklet which states 'you can only request a copy of the medical report AFTER you have received the Decision'.

It's now 5 weeks after the F2F which seems unusually lengthy; are there known delays please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #213595 by Gordon
ivyfox

The IAS leaflet is wrong you are perfectly entitled to request a copy of the report before the Decision is reached.

We normally expect Decisions in 2-4 weeks, so you might want to consider contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
5 years 11 months ago #213821 by ivyfox
Awarded Standard Daily Living, as previously, just what I was hoping for. Only 8 points - the absolute minimum - but it's enough. Award is for 4 years, review after 3, which is a year more than previously.

I'm so relieved. Thank you Gordon, the guide authors, and everyone who posts their success stories on the forum: you have all helped to me keep going and make the best case possible for myself.

Still no PA4 - I'll persist as I want a copy for my records.

More
5 years 11 months ago #213834 by Gordon
ivyfox

Well done, congratulations on the award.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris