× Members

Local Compliance Telephone Interview

More
6 years 1 month ago #208202 by Jane
Hi,

I received a letter from the DWP yesterday saying 'they will be phoning me in order to conduct a Local Service Compliance Interview'. This came completely out of the blue and I haven't got the faintest idea why, so I wonder if you could help.

I telephoned the person named on the letter as I needed to change the phone number they intended to use and asked the chap "why have I got this letter?". All he said was that I wasn't to worry about it (or something similar as I could hardly make out what he was saying), but of course I'm going to worry about it.

It's asking for all of my financial products, e.g. bank account, any ISA's, savings accounts etc., any private pensions (which I don't have), property or land I own other than where I live (I don't have any), and my immigration status and right to remain (n/a).

Whilst typing this out I have been trying to get through to the DWP and have just reached them and was told that I had been "picked at random". She said, "I see you've have one of these before a couple of years ago". Would you happen to know if the DWP can keep harassing me, or is there a rule that as I've already done one of these only two years ago then there should be a longer time period between them asking me again, or would it be because I'm highlighted on their system as I have won 2 appeals now, and was given money, £250, as compensation (they did not call it that though) for sending my whole mandatory resolution reply to one of my neighbours (!) ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #208220 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Local Compliance Telephone Interview
Jane

Are you in the ESA Support Group?

We see these regularly. I'm afraid there is nothing you can do but comply or you risk your payments being suspended until you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #208235 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Local Compliance Telephone Interview
Hi to all,

Jane you said the DWP wrote you a letter stating they will phone you up. To do this compliance interview.

Sorry for being a bit confused. But will they be conducting this interview over the phone?

I only ask as you stated the DWP want all your bank statements ie financial information, bla bla bla.

I was thinking surely that information, would need to be looked at by the DWP, rather than over the phone. You stated you had this happen previously.

I hope it's over the phone, as it would be less stressful, especially if your mobility is impeded etc.

Kind regards
kind regards

More
6 years 1 month ago #208270 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Local Compliance Telephone Interview
Hi Gordon, yes I am in the ESA support group.

It's a phone interview thank goodness (severe agoraphobia & GAD, and very limited mobility) and it says "it's essential that I provide the documents subsequently. It then goes on to say "When you claimed benefit you agreed to tell us immediately if the circumstances relating to your benefit entitlement changed", and then over the page it lists all of the documents they want, ie, the financial stuff etc. Absolutely nothing has changed for the better - mobility worse, GAD/agoraphobia worse, and fiances definitely worse.

The letter can be read a few different ways but think that they want to talk to me again randomly, and then probably I will have to send all of the statements they are interested in yet again (when I can find someone to get to a post box for me)

The last one I had was in 2016, and again it was said at the time it was 'random', just like this one. Can't help but wonder about their 'randomness' and definitely makes me even more paranoid than I already am

More
6 years 1 month ago #208312 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Local Compliance Telephone Interview
Jane

The DWP are definitely targeting members of the SG with these interviews.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #208363 by Jane
Replied by Jane on topic Local Compliance Telephone Interview
I remembered over the weekend that when I first asked the chap who is doing the phone interview “why”, he said ‘because the government want to save hundreds of thousands of pounds’ & it was then he told me not to worry. I had forgotten this until I was making notes about the upcoming call and hunting down the papers from the last ‘random’ interview.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.