× Members

Up-to-date schedule for the DLA-PIP process

More
5 years 10 months ago #215938 by MariW
Despite multiple “Googles” I cannot find an up-to-date schedule for the DLA-PIP reform to be completed.

Although my GP and other doctors in the practice are unsupportive, I have all my relevant medical records and reports dating back to childhood when I became obviously disabled from a progressive condition. I have used your guides and, over years, drafted and updated detailed answers. I ought to feel reasonably well prepared to receive notice of DLA ending. Instead, I am mentally broken-down by the physical effort of the preparatory work and the fear of what lies ahead.

I don’t know any lifelong/indefinite DLA claimants that have received their invitations in my DWP area or an adjacent area, despite both having a high percentage of claimants.

How far into the DLA-PIP process are we?

MW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #215962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Up-to-date schedule for the DLA-PIP process
Mari

They are currently aiming for completion by the middle of next year but this still seems optimistic given progress to date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
5 years 7 months ago #220773 by MariW
Any update? Is the DLA-PIP rollout still due to conclude as stated, meaning that we should all have received "invitations" before Christmas?

Thanks for any information.

MW

More
5 years 7 months ago #220788 by Gordon

MariW wrote: Any update? Is the DLA-PIP rollout still due to conclude as stated, meaning that we should all have received "invitations" before Christmas?

Thanks for any information.

MW

There have been no updates the date of summer next year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220792 by MariW
Sorry Gordon, but I ought to have asked whether there are stats available to show the pace at which the reform is moving. I still don’t know anybody across two benefit office areas that has received the invitation to move from an indefinite DLA award to PIP.

MW

More
5 years 7 months ago #220794 by Gordon

MariW wrote: Sorry Gordon, but I ought to have asked whether there are stats available to show the pace at which the reform is moving. I still don’t know anybody across two benefit office areas that has received the invitation to move from an indefinite DLA award to PIP.

MW

DLA claimants are being chosen at random, there have been no restrictions on who can be invited for several years, the last time the DWP commented, which was about six months ago, they estimated that they were about 60% through the process.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.