× Members

“Compliance Visit”

More
5 years 8 months ago #218868 by tpm72uk
“Compliance Visit” was created by tpm72uk
Wondering if anyone can advise, I’ve had a letter this morning stating a Customer Compliance Officer is to call with me on Wednesday of next week to “clarify some information about your claim to benefit”

My only change of circumstances was being transferred from DLA to PIP in March.

Of course I’m in panic mode now as I’ve never had a visit of any kind. I’ve nothing to hide but am concerned about why I’m getting the visit.
Thanks in advance!
Tracey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #218876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic “Compliance Visit”
T

Has anything changed in regard to your circumstances? Anyone started or stopped working? Any new sources of income? Are your savings within the limits?

It could be that you have been reported to the fraud line! Something like 95% of these calls are made when there is no issue with the claim, many are malicious.

You can try contacting the DWP for an explanation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpm72uk

More
5 years 8 months ago #218895 by tpm72uk
Replied by tpm72uk on topic “Compliance Visit”
Thanks Gordon,
I’ll give them a ring in the morning. Nothing has changed other than migrating to PIP.
Savings non existent and I’ve no other source of income.
I have however a very bitter ex!!

More
5 years 8 months ago #218902 by katel
Replied by katel on topic “Compliance Visit”
Hi,
I have a friend who was recently assessed for x/f from DLA to PIP. Assessor scored her no points, and her award was disallowed. But, soon after she sent her MR in, a compliance officer called with her because she felt that the assessor had got it wrong and she was taking the initiative to visit to discuss. My friend ended up with ER DL and ER mobility
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpm72uk, angel*1

More
5 years 8 months ago #218911 by tpm72uk
I’m baffled as to why they’re visiting, I’ve nothing to hide but still worrying about it.
I’m glad your friend had a positive experience, hopefully this will be the same x

More
5 years 8 months ago #219195 by tpm72uk
I’ve had the “Compliance Visit” this morning, it was the benefit fraud investigation department!!!!!!!!
They had a report that I’m living with my partner (I’m not, he does live nearby & stays the occasional night) and I’m claiming ESA with the disability premium as a single person.
She kept saying to “keep myself right” and “report any change if you become a couple” as if an overpayment goes to £2000 they automatically prosecute and, in her words, “it’ll be all over Facebook “
So what do I do? I can’t help where he lives, we’ve no financial links etc, I don’t believe I’ve done anything wrong and for the life of me wouldn’t want to.
Thanks in advance

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.