× Members

Medical Assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #220153 by Marie
Medical Assessment was created by Marie
My partner had his assessment today. The first one was cancelled by Atos. It was a home visit. It’s quite complicated as he originally was invited to apply for pip whilst he was on DLA. He was turned down. So his welfare worked said as he was over 65 he would need to apply for Attendance Allowance which we did. While waiting for a decision on Attendance Allowance a chap called my partner and said he should be apply for pip as my partners name was flagged up on his computer and he said he strongly advised him to reapply for pip and today was his home assessment. Has anyone had a similar experience. I think it’s strange.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220159 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical Assessment
Marie

The PIP legislation actually refers to 65 or State Retirement Age, whichever is the higher, the SRA has only been applicable since about August of this year, so your parter's claim could have been accepted if he was over 65 but still under SRA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220220 by Marie
Replied by Marie on topic Medical Assessment
Gordon he will be 68 this November. We are really confused by all this changing from DLA to PIP, then Attendance Allowance, now back to PIP. We really don’t understand why this is happening. He was over 65 when he was advised to apply for Attendance Allowance.

Thanks Gordon

More
5 years 7 months ago #220241 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical Assessment
Maria

Then I am at a loss, I see nothing in the PIP legislation that allows a claim for PIP at this age, all I can suggest is that you progress it and see what happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220310 by Marie
Thanks Gordon we will see what happens.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220357 by Marie
I contacted pip today for my partners Assessment Report. I was told they had received the report already. I think this is too quick not even a week since he had home assessment. Anyway they wouldn’t tell me what the report contained. So yet another waiting game. Probably say he is too old to apply for PIP. And he will be referred back to Attendance Allowance. Confused!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.