× Members

P45 Received

More
5 years 4 months ago #220586 by empress48
P45 Received was created by empress48
Hubby had his ESA assessment beginning of October. We had a couple of phone calls from a DWP number (08000232635) which kept hanging up as soon as I picked up the phone. So we decided if they call again not to answer the phone hoping they would leave a message. But nothing happened.

Today he had a brown envelope through the door from the DWP. We thought it would be the decision but it was the P45 form.
It says on it "Date allowance ceased 29.10.2018"

Does that mean he lost his ESA?
Why would they send this P45 form before they officially sent him the results of his assessment?
I am about as confused as he is. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P45 Received
Empress

Yes, I'm afraid it means that he has lost his ESA award, Decision Letters can take anything up to 14 days to arrive so my guess is that the P45 was sent from the office dealing from his claim and it has beaten the official letter.

The first thing I would do is contact the office dealing with his claim for a copy of the assessment report, it's called an ESA85.

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision, this needs to be done within one month of the date of the Decision preferably in writing but I would wait until you have some idea of how the Decision was made before doing so.

When you have a better idea of what is going on then come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #220592 by empress48
Replied by empress48 on topic P45 Received
Btw. I checked the phone log and the date of these phone calls is the same as the date on the P45 form.
I do not understand why they kept hanging up as soon as I answered the phone. I find this very disturbing.
Also, we have received no correspondence whatsoever if they wanted more details as he had an MRI scan shortly before the assessment and he couldn't get hold of the results beforehand. Which we told the assessor.
I am worried that they had sent a letter requesting more info which went to the wrong address (a common occurrence around here) and they stopped his claim because they can't get hold of him.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220593 by empress48

Gordon wrote: Empress

Yes, I'm afraid it means that he has lost his ESA award, Decision Letters can take anything up to 14 days to arrive so my guess is that the P45 was sent from the office dealing from his claim and it has beaten the official letter.

The first thing I would do is contact the office dealing with his claim for a copy of the assessment report, it's called an ESA85.

You can request a Mandatory Reconsideration of the Decision, this needs to be done within one month of the date of the Decision preferably in writing but I would wait until you have some idea of how the Decision was made before doing so.

When you have a better idea of what is going on then come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Thank you very much I will do this.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220596 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P45 Received

empress48 wrote: Btw. I checked the phone log and the date of these phone calls is the same as the date on the P45 form.
I do not understand why they kept hanging up as soon as I answered the phone. I find this very disturbing.
Also, we have received no correspondence whatsoever if they wanted more details as he had an MRI scan shortly before the assessment and he couldn't get hold of the results beforehand. Which we told the assessor.
I am worried that they had sent a letter requesting more info which went to the wrong address (a common occurrence around here) and they stopped his claim because they can't get hold of him.

I'm afraid it is quite unlikely that they have written to you for more information.

I can't really comment on the phone calls.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #220769 by empress48
He just had his result back. 0 points awarded. Last time he got 15. And the last assessor even wrote that he isn't likely to get better. And 5 years later he seems miraculously cured.
Oh, btw those hung up phone calls that were them trying to reach him to get more information. The report is one blatant lie from start to finish. No mention about his medication, no mentions he can't turn his head, no mention about his constant pain.
What should he do now? He's terribly upset and I am absolutely fuming.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.