× Members

ESA support group and inheritance

More
5 years 5 months ago #220811 by James45
Replied by James45 on topic ESA support group and inheritance
First time I've heard of anyone inheriting money and then paying for the headstone out of it.
Expenses like that normally come out of the Estate (your late mother's money) before you get your share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #220838 by davetaylor
Replied by davetaylor on topic ESA support group and inheritance

James45 wrote: First time I've heard of anyone inheriting money and then paying for the headstone out of it.
Expenses like that normally come out of the Estate (your late mother's money) before you get your share.

Mum had a funeral plan in place, it didn’t cover head stone etc, plus you have to allow 6 months to pass before placement. It will be coming out of mums money (estate) anyhow one way or another.
It’s been a learning curve for us too, complex isn’t the word.

Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James45

More
5 years 5 months ago #220918 by davetaylor
Gordon can I ask one more thing, if they do accept me and reinstate (as I get under the 16k limit) me back on esa (support group) under either credits only or under the 12 week rule.
Does this mean when I have to reclaim housing benefit, will that trigger a UC claim anyway? Or if I continue on Esa will my housing benefit also reinstate as previously? The former making my previous questions a mute point.

Thanks again

More
5 years 5 months ago #220934 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group and inheritance
idave

I'm afraid I don't, we don't deal with HB on the forum but there is nothing to keep your HB claim "open" as there is for ESA so I suspect that it wil be a new claim for HB and you will only be able to do this via UC which will also mean that any ESA award will be migrated as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #220939 by davetaylor
Ok I did think as much, however this would only be triggered I suspect if I was over the max limit (16k), if I was within this and stayed on my Existing ESA claim, (I’ve learnt that mum has some expenses to pay from her estate) then I would think my housing benefit award would taper in the same way as my ESA award, but crucially staying within my current award.

Thanks.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.