× Members

ESA form please help!

More
5 years 4 months ago #222587 by bandwmod
ESA form please help! was created by bandwmod
My husband was on Incapacity benefit from 2004 until we think 2014 when it changed to Contribution based ESA. He has a PHI, which is not ESA deductible, so gets ESA because his employment contract was never terminated and tax and NI is paid on the money received. I work over 30 hours a week and we have savings over £16,000. A form has arrived for my husband today ESA3(IBR) 06/18 saying "we need to look at your claim again to check you're getting the right amount of money". It goes onto say in a box on the first page "Don't complete this form if during the whole time between (date given in 2014)
You have a partner and they're working for 24 hours or more a week
You have savings over £16,000:or
You have a partner who has savings over £16,000
We don't understand, is a working partner a barrier to contribution based ESA? Why are savings relevant when the form says on the very next page "Your savings will not affect your contribution based ESA"?
Please help me to make sense of this, I am worried sick it's all going to unravel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #222607 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA form please help!
Col Sanders

This is about your husband's entitlement to Income Related ESA, it does not affect his ESA(CB) in any way.

If you have been working for 24 or more hours a week and/or had savings in excess of £16,000 since he was moved to ESA then just tick the boxes and return the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224549 by bandwmod
Replied by bandwmod on topic ESA form please help!
Thank you very much for your reply. We've now received a review form ESA50 when my husband was only assessed 2 years ago and has had an irreversible brain injury, for which they've had neurological evidence stating this multiple times. I am so frustrated that the system is so bad, it's like they never read what they get, or if they do actually digest it. I appreciate this forum, the help and the site. I am alone with all of this at times and life is already tough. This is and has been a lifeline for me. Thank you again

More
5 years 2 months ago #224580 by Gordon
Col Sanders

I'm afraid that nearly all ESA awards are reassessed on a regular basis, the maximum periods are usually two years fro the WRAG and three years for the Support Group.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #224770 by bandwmod
Replied by bandwmod on topic ESA form please help!
Thank you for your response, it helps me to know it's not just him. It feels so personal, so ludicrous too. Under the old system there was a letter saying he'd never have to go through an assessment again as he was so bad! Deep breath

More
5 years 2 months ago #224783 by Gordon

Col Sanders wrote: Thank you for your response, it helps me to know it's not just him. It feels so personal, so ludicrous too. Under the old system there was a letter saying he'd never have to go through an assessment again as he was so bad! Deep breath

And that may happen again but not without this assessment being done.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.