× Members

Two addresses to return ESA 50 from DWP

More
5 years 5 months ago #223368 by chafur47
Two addresses to return ESA 50 from DWP was created by chafur47
Frazzled. ESA 50 sent on 27 Nov must be returned by 27 Dec to Wolverhampton. Just now, received another letter saying it has not been sent yet, to send as soon as poss to Centre for Health and Disability Assessment LONDON NW9 6TD.
Q 1. Can I ask for an extension safely, ie by requesting it by email and to whom?

Q 2. If not, can I partially answer the questions about activities etc.. partially and say the rest
rest will follow as attachement with medical evidence?

Q3. Conflicting info as to where to send the form when its filled in. Who should it be sent
to?

Q4. If sending to Wolverhampton, should I respond to the other letter asking me to return
ESA 50 back to Centre for Health and Disability Assessment in London NW saying it
was requested by another dept that it should be sent to Wolverhampton?

Q6. Is the letter from Centre for Health and Disablity London BSC 333 Edgeware Rd,
London NW6 6TD where they assess physically? In which case, does it sound as if
they will want a f2f assessment?
Why are THEY asking me to send my ESA 50 form to them?

Are there email addresses I could contact a manager or someone about filling and sending the ESA 50 when completed, and why am I sent two different letters from different offices asking me to return the ESA50 completed? One email to Wolverhampton DWP and the other to the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments in NW6?

I still have not been able to do the form yet, the only thing I can do is to ask for an extension or answer the activities questions partially, and send the rest of the answers as attachment in another letter. Which is best at this point?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223371 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Two addresses to return ESA 50 from DWP
chafur

Q1. There is no extension available for completing the ESA50 it must be received by the DWP by the required date or it will be considered as late.

Q2.Yes

Q3. Send it to Wolverhampton

Q4. No, you don't need to, it's just a reminder letter.

Q6. No, the decision as to whether a F2F is required will not be made until they have seen your ESA50.

You can contact Maximus, see the following

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223377 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic Two addresses to return ESA 50 from DWP
Thank you Gordon. An advisor told me the following, which I find hard to believe:
interesting info. Some people can't get extensions, others do. He said, those who have mental issues can get extensions, if only physical, not. I find this hard to believe...

More
5 years 5 months ago #223378 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic Two addresses to return ESA 50 from DWP
Thank you Gordon. Wondering if the ESA 50 they sent me is a review
or is it considered a new claim? Will my present ESA payments continue
until the assessment is completed?

More
5 years 5 months ago #223389 by Gordon

chafur47 wrote: Thank you Gordon. An advisor told me the following, which I find hard to believe:
interesting info. Some people can't get extensions, others do. He said, those who have mental issues can get extensions, if only physical, not. I find this hard to believe...

The ESA legislation allows no extension of the four weeks that claimants are given to complete the ESA50, however, Decision Makers can at their discretion accept a late ESA50 if the claimant has mental health issues and it is accepted that they would struggle or be unable to complete the form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223390 by Gordon

chafur47 wrote: Thank you Gordon. Wondering if the ESA 50 they sent me is a review
or is it considered a new claim? Will my present ESA payments continue
until the assessment is completed?

It doesn't really matter, you need to treat it as a new claim and complete the form in detail and supply evidence as you can, even if it has been submitted before.

Your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: chafur47

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.