× Members

Always try, never give up.

More
5 years 2 months ago #223720 by Jgaz
Always try, never give up. was created by Jgaz
My diagnosis is extreme depression and recently Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.
I missed my appt with CAPITA in July. The ESA contacted me for an explanation. II advised them that I didnt recall receiving an appointment so I ignored the next form. This was not accepted and I was told from 12/09/18 that I was not elidgable for support group ESA and if I wanted benefits I should apply for Universal Credit but this means I could not go back to ESA.
I contacted my MSP and was put in touch with the local councils benefit support group. This team were fantastic and last Monday I received word I had won the mandatory reconsideration.
Today I was delighted as the due benefit back money went into my account.
I’d like to tell people, even when it seems dark, keep trying, right will always out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #223728 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Always try, never give up.
Jgaz

This will just be in regard your having Good Cause for not attending the assessment, so expect another appointment to be sent to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #223735 by Jgaz
Replied by Jgaz on topic Always try, never give up.
I do expect this Gordon, getting the just cause accepted feels like a move in the correct direction.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.