× Members

PIP report received...many inconsistencies.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225692 by Destiny
Just received the copy of my PIP report and it is shockingly inconsistent with an untrue/inaccurate account of events on the day.

My f2f was last week.

She has put in many places I said I don't requore support with the particular activity when In said I did.
I would like some advice re whether I should write to DWP challening the report/explaining where the Assessor has not been factual or should I wait until the decision?

The marks on the report are lower than my first report when I claimed.
Also I had discovered after the asessment that my Niece eho was with me for the f2f recorded the assessment on her phone (clear voice recording).

Should I mention this in my letter?

Please advise

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #225709 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP report received...many inconsistencies.
Destiny

There is a window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

The DWP don't review the recordings made when you have permission, so I'm afraid they won;' be interested in one made covertly.
Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225760 by Destiny
Replied by Destiny on topic PIP report received...many inconsistencies.
Thank you for your response/advice Gordon.

I appreciate and understand the assessor is offering her opinion re my ability to carry out activities however I am referring more to her claiming I have said certain things which are untrue/which I did not state.

I also feel some parts were sort of trick qs e.g:

Assessor: "what would be your go to for snacks?".

Me: I do not snack as I often feel nauseous and do not feel hungry . She then stated

"But let's say if you were to have had a snack, what would it be"

If I was to, probably fruit.

In the report she has stated "said she snacks through the day".

She asked me if I go out and I informed her since October I have only ben to medical appointments. Explained I don't like mixing with others and do not like them seeing me in this condition. She then asked if family visit the home. Explained to her as I live with my parents my siblings visit around 3x a week however, I often remain in my room as am in too much pain/too tired and again I do not want them seeing me in my condition-report states sees family 3 x a week.

Has repeatedly documented only on mild painkillers and says these help. I clearly informed her I do not think the painkillers help and feel I need stronger ones however am awaiting to be seen by a Dr in the musculoskeletal team and my GP has stated that team needs to put a pain management planner prior to prescribing stronger pain killers (was seen today and have been given Gabapentin to be put on repeat).

She has put I stated I need assistance with all my dressing when I had informed her I manage myself with only the use of a sock aid/which I also use to grab lower body garments.

She described me in one section as average built and in another as appeared overweight.

She has documented no medication prescribed for anxiety-I had shown her the none prescribed/self brought meds I take for this as already on a lot of medication/experience side affects.

She documented my memory was fine as I was able to tell her where the local shop is and knew where town was.

Asked..."do you know where the local shop is". Explained the local shop is at the bottom of the street and I have lived in the same area all my live/town is a 5min drive away.

Put that I know my local area well.

I informed her I receive my medication put in dossettes arranged by the pharmacy as advised by both them and advised by my GP due to me being confused with all the different medications/too may boxes and forgetting which had been taken or not.
Also, in order for my Niece/carer to better monitor as sometimes I would miss medication due to forgetting or due to the frustration of taking so may or due to the unpleasant side effects-her opinion was I would be able to take medication unaided.

Explained I have brain fog and poor immediate/short term memory however this did not affect my long term memory...she stated my claim re forgetfulness is inconsistent as I was a "historian" and able to give previous medical history.

I don't see how the report could be accepted as being reliable with so many consistencies and with her contradicting herself in places. Makes on wonder if she was confusing herself and mixed up info re claimants.

I feel the whole experience went from bad to worse.

The assessment commenced an hour late due to her not being there on my arrival (was informed due to the weather) and can not say when she would arrive.

Was then told it would take the assessor at least 30mins to go through the evidence.

After the extra wait/being in agony with my back, on entry to the room there was only one standard type of very low chair with no arms. I asked her if there were any other chairs I would struggle (have chronic pain due to Fibromyalgia and a coccyx/fracture)-was told no other chairs available.

The pain just got worse and was a constant distraction as I was very worried about how I would manage the journey home . Part way through, I informed the assessor I was struggling as asked if one of the chairs from reception (where there were several sorts with arms) could be brought in the room, her response "I'm afraid not, we get told off if we do that".

Sorry, going on but it is just so wrong and not accurate.

I appreciate they may not be interested in hearing the recording but is it worth mentioning in the letter?? (prior to the decision being made)

Thank you for the support

More
5 years 3 months ago #225763 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP report received...many inconsistencies.
Destiny

You need to look through the comments in the report, correctly documented or not to what they are assuming as a result.

So as an example; your snacking throughout the day. Are you trying to score points for Taking Nutrition, if you are then this comment hurts your case and you should address it, but if you are not then unless there is some other implication from it, I would say to ignore it, all you are doing is diluting your message by commenting on issues that don't lead to your scoring points.

It's entirely up to you whether you mention the recording, all I am saying is that the DM won;'t pay any attention to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225764 by Destiny
Sorry, forgot to check. Would the letter to the decision maker be better by me or by my Niece whom is also my Carer and accompanied me to the f2f and has the voice recording..?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225768 by Destiny
That makes sense, thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.