× Members

Reply to Mandatory Reconsideration

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227413 by Rosie
Reply to Mandatory Reconsideration was created by Rosie
Hello hope you can help me. I have been awarded standard rate care and enhanced rate mobility. At the face to face medical the lady that did the assessment said I would definitely get the highest rate for both but the DWP have awarded me 11 points for care and 12 points for mobility, so this is all about 1 point.

I have read advice on this page when putting in my MR but it has comes back with exactly the same points. What I do not understand is that i clearly listed the different activities which I thought where incorrect and explained why., but when i received there reply they only answered 1 activity and even stated “although you did not ask us to look at the other activities .......” what is going on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227453 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reply to Mandatory Reconsideration
Patricia

The PIP Decision Letters are produced from standard phrases, if I had to guess then I would say that the DM copy/pasted the wrong one into your letter but you could contact the DWP for clarification, it might result in them looking at the award again.

Even if you do this then I would not wait to make an appeal. The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227463 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Reply to Mandatory Reconsideration
Thank you it’s unbelieveable that the DM could make such an error but I am so stressed I do not feel that I can contact them for clarification. I will start the appeal process.

Just out of interest is having your medication in a dossett box classed as an aid (i’m sure I read somewhere it is). I have only recently had to start using a dossett box after I got very tired/confused and nearly over dosed.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227477 by Gordon
Patricia

Using a dossette box will not score you points but needing to use one because you are unable to manage your medication without it should, you will need to show limitations that would be consistent with your being unable to deal with your medication without the box.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227594 by Rosie
Replied by Rosie on topic Reply to Mandatory Reconsideration
I have today tried to start the appeal. I have gone into the web site given to me but the DWP www.gov.uk/appeal-benefit. It has asked me to give all details that the tribunal needs. With help I have spent hours filling it in. At the ends it asks if you want to attach any evidence which I did, it appeared to load. Then a Problem with their Page came up and I lost everything, my friend needs to go home and I am shattered.

I have now read that I do not have to give all this evidence to start a appeal can you help me and point me in the right direction.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #227604 by Gordon
Patricia

You can make the appeal by post if it would be easier.

You need to provide your reasons for the appeal when you make the request but you do not need to provide detailed evidence and testimony at this point in the process unless you want to.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.