× Members

Won ESA tribunal, what to do next

More
5 years 2 months ago #227972 by Eff
Hello. Firstly I want to thank the people and guides behind this website without whom I could not have appealed my ESA decision effectively.

I need help with the next steps in communicating with the DWP. I received a letter from the tribunal last week stating I have limited capability for work related activity. Regulation 35 of the ESA regulations 2008 applied.

I have not heard from the DWP yet. I had applied for jobseekers allowance last year when when my ESA assessment gave me zero points. I am still on JSA and don’t know how to go about it all.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227982 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Won ESA tribunal, what to do next
Furqana

Congratulations on the appeal win, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice and to ask whether they will close your JSA automatically when they re-instate your ESA or whether you need to do it advance and if the latter how you coordinate with them to do this.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #227998 by Eff
Replied by Eff on topic Won ESA tribunal, what to do next
Thank you very much :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris