× Members

PIP Tribunal Appeal help.

• b.stannard@virgin.net
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #228023 by b.stannard@virgin.net
PIP Tribunal Appeal help. was created by b.stannard@virgin.net
I would really appreciate a little bit of advice and help please. We applied for PIP in July '18 for my son who happens to be Autistic and was on the higher rate DLA for both mobility ans personal care. The decision came back after a f2f in our own home where he felt totally safe of 0 points for everything !! Not taking account everyday struggles in the outside world !! We asked for a mandatory reconsideration which also came back with 0 points for everything. We sent an appeal to the tribunal which the tribunal said we would have a hearing in around 48 weeks, but now the dwp have written to us stating they oppose the appeal and have asked the tribunal to dismiss the appeal and confirm the Secretary of States decision. I'm just so frightened and worried, does this mean we just have no chance at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228038 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal help.
B

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The statement is standard with the DWP's submission, ignore it, the Tribunal panel will.

Have a look at our PIP guides to help you with the appeal.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• b.stannard@virgin.net
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #228054 by b.stannard@virgin.net
Replied by b.stannard@virgin.net on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal help.
Thank you so very much for your help you have put my mind at rest a little. Thank you so much for the links to the guides I shall digest every word. I shall be just relieved when it is all over, as with most members it is beyond a stressful time and yourself and the forums are a beacon of hope in what seems like a hopeless neverending situation. Thank you.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228058 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal help.
Have you got medical evidence that clearly states he cannot do the descriptors ? Thats how I got standard on both at M R & enhanced living and standard mobility on appeal....and the DWP changed their decision 3 weeks after I made the appeal & I got a text.....strong medical evidence is the way in my book

• b.stannard@virgin.net
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #228073 by b.stannard@virgin.net
Replied by b.stannard@virgin.net on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal help.
Thank you, yes we thought so, but the dwp have just said that it was just the doctor had written it down because I had told her to, which is totally untrue !! It just seems that they are saying we are not telling the truth and I'm not sure how to show what life is really like for my son.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228092 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal Appeal help.
Bams

You need to go back to his claim form, the assessment report and our PIP Claim guide. Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained his problems in his claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described his problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for his limitations on the majority of days to be considered?

Also, have a look at the following;

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3783-pip-...7-on-last-year-to-71

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3688-most...enior-tribunal-judge

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.