× Members

Lost PIP Application

More
5 years 2 months ago #228298 by Cheekychops
Lost PIP Application was created by Cheekychops
My son turned 16 in December 2018. He had been on an indefinite DLA award of High Care and High Mobility. I completed the new PIP form and enclosed stacks of information including his consultant reports etc. I received a letter telling me that all his benefits would stop due to them not receiving the new application.

I telephoned them and explained I had photocopied everything and sent it 1st class and signed for! They passed me to a case worker who said even though I could send the photocopies back in and explain with a covering letter what has happened his new application could still be refused due to how the ‘system’ works? I may have to go to an appeal if it’s offered or reapply as a new claim where none of his prior claim of DLA would be taken into consideration.

I am worried sick and wonder if anyone would know what the process now will be. I have checked and they have received this new information. I have a letter saying his benefits will stop on 2nd April. Would they be able to process his details to prevent this happening?
Sorry for the rambling post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lost PIP Application
Paula

Did they take note of the Tracking number and say that they would look for the missing form?

I would call them again for an update on the missing form, hopefully, you will get someone who is actually willing to help you,

You do have the option of requesting an MR and if necessary an appeal, I would pursue these anyway but ideally you want the DWP to revise their Decision as these processes will take months to be decided.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228356 by Cheekychops
Replied by Cheekychops on topic Lost PIP Application
I gave them the tracking number and they said they would look into it but I needed to resend the photocopies. I needed to explain the issue in a covering letter. Send it back ASAP and keep track of the delivery! I pointed out that it seams is not an issue, the problem arises once they have the forms. I am concerned as my son has wheelchair and other mobility aids and it seams from correspondence today that Carer’s Allowance will stop next month, the motorbility car will have to go back and access to blue badge will be withdrawn. Any other benefits will stop such as tax credits disabled child premium.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228364 by Gordon
Paula

Have you phoned the DWP again?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228383 by Cheekychops
Replied by Cheekychops on topic Lost PIP Application
Must say the DWP have been so helpful this morning! The two people I spoke to have been phenomenal in their quest to get to the bottom of it. Seams both claim forms are now on the system! Sadly the claim was closed. With everything stopping by the 2nd April.

However due to the situation, it clearly not my fault. It has been passed over to the ‘Complex Claim Team’ in Blackpool for an urgent reconsideration request. With all of the supporting evidence not just from his DLA claim which I was asked did I wish to include, and I did! But also with the new evidence the lady today was doing her best to assure me all will be ok. She said quote “We rarely see this amount of additional information, let alone with evidence from a previous claim to be included, it’s alot!. This will definitely help the caseworker in Blackpool to look at the reasons that it was not through a failure on your part, and evidence included and they can make an immediate decision. They can then adjust the monies in time for your payments to still hit your account as normal. They might not be at the payment level of PIP....yet! But they should be the prior amount which you would normally expect”

If this happens I will be very happy, but we will see later once I get my call back?

Paula

More
5 years 2 months ago #228397 by Gordon
Paula

Understand that it is extremely unlikely that they will make a Decision on your son's PIP claim, this is only about his claim being reinstated.

The thing to keep an eye on is to make sure that they put his DLA back into payment.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris