× Members

esa stopped for no reason, no letter received

More
5 years 3 days ago #229317 by lianna
hi, I am in a terrible state. I have add amongst other problems so have trouble keeping track of my money, I just got back from my dads and opened my statement dated 12th April and found out my last esa payment was 28th feb and I am horribly overdrawn. Ironically (as I am awaiting a pip decision) I received my dla for april. Ive been trying to contact them all day, usually I get a friend to do it as I get too stressed but I am desperate. Currently I have been on hold for an hour. I don't know what to do, I cant order any food online or top up my travel card or pay for my storage unit and now my possessions are at risk. (and not that it;s relevant but I've just had a 2nd bereavement in less than a year) I feel so alone and I can't cope with this stress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 days ago #229325 by Gordon
lianna

You posted about a year ago about the possibility of a friend living with you, did this happen? If it did and happened recently then it is possible that your ESA has been suspended while the DWP decide about your living arrangements.

If they did not move in then anything I could come up with would be a guess, you need to speak to the DWP! Try ringing at 8am when the lines open.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lianna

More
5 years 1 day ago #229491 by lianna
hi Gordon, no it didn't. They answered the phone after 80 minutes and it was a bad line and they were going to hang up!!! Luckily he called back. It was a 'system error' and he promised the money would be paid by midnight and that I could write in and try to get my overdraft fees back.. Next day I checked my bank account and I only had £21 credit. Turns out they only paid me 2 weeks money rather than the 6 I am owed!!! Plus there was a text message to say the money was paid and my next payment would be the one that is due anyway on the 29th. So I am now listening to Vivaldi yet again and stressed out completely. I can't believe they are so inhumane.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.