× Members

ESA WCA change of assessment centre

More
4 years 11 months ago #230946 by nobblyknees
ESA WCA change of assessment centre was created by nobblyknees
I phoned the Assessment service (Maximus) to change my appointment for ESA WCA centre to somewhere closer to my home as they wanted me to travel 20 miles and walk down many corridors of a hospital to get to the assessment room. No chance as I cant even walk indoors without pain. I have requested that they book someone closer (I found on their website) and that it is accessible with no stairs and to also confirm that they are aware I requested audio recording. I was told there are no appointments available at the requested centre yet but I would be placed on a waiting list and would hear in due course. I was then given a phone number to call to confirm the audio recording request? I questioned what this was for as the last WCA I had I didn't need to do this. I was told that this was so the procedures and policies could be read to me and when WCA comes through I will just need to sign to say I know these things. I have now phoned the number they gave me twice and been told both times that the colleague who deals with this is very busy but will call me back. Not happened yet!! I may be being a bit cynical but I trust them not. Im thinking I should write 2 letters... one to Maximus to confirm my phone call to them and what was said and also one to DWP to let them know what is going on. I find this more stressful than the job I got medically dismissed from because it made my conditions worse.
P.S Thank you benefits and work for being here for us. Bless you. Joolz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230957 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA WCA change of assessment centre
Hi Joolz

There are no guarantees when you write you will get an acknowledgment, but I think it's a good strategy as it means you will have a record of what you have been told, should you need to refer back to it in the future.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nobblyknees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.