× Members

Likelihood of another PIP appeal?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231243 by Garland
Likelihood of another PIP appeal? was created by Garland
Good morning/afternoon.

I recently received a PIP award (mobility and care), after taking it to Tribunal. The whole process took over 18 months and was very drawn-out, stressful and tiring. Because of how long it all took, it won't be that long before I will need to apply again. Do you think they will put me through the whole process again, seeing as I have a chronic condition and my health is exactly the same, and it will be a relatively short time between the final result and the date for a new application?

Many thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #231246 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Likelihood of another PIP appeal?
Hi Garland

Unless the tribunal changed the length of your award when they made their decision in your favour, the time will stand.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231635 by Garland
Replied by Garland on topic Likelihood of another PIP appeal?
Oops, I don't think I was clear.

What I meant was if you are put through a lengthy Tribunal process during the first application, which you won, are they likely to make you go through the Tribunal process again when you apply again for PIP? Does the fact that you won the previous time make them less likely to put you through the whole thing again (a year later)?

I know it may be a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231638 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Likelihood of another PIP appeal?
Hi Garland.
It was me not you. - sorry about that.

Honestly, it's not a question that can be answered. There are certainly people on the forums who have been through two tribunals. I think, unfortunately, it is down to the luck of the draw.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garland

More
4 years 10 months ago #231651 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Likelihood of another PIP appeal?
Yes - they could- I won my first PIP award via two tribunals and an appeal to the UC. I lost my mobility when I was reviewed/reassessed - but I presented the MR with the original tribunal statement from 4 years ago stressing nothing had changed and the DWP reinstated my mobility .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garland, Kab

More
4 years 10 months ago #231653 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Likelihood of another PIP appeal?
Hi Ellen
I would agree with BIS, I have come across many people who have had to under go numerous tribunals. On the negative side, it is the time it takes to get to a hearing. The only positive out come from this is that for the claimant, it is not so daunting for them second time round as they know the procedure.

Gary

The following user(s) said Thank You: Garland

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.