× Members

‘Quick’? WCA Assessment

More
4 years 10 months ago #231661 by Pingu
‘Quick’? WCA Assessment was created by Pingu
Hello Ladies & Gents,

Firstly thank you. Your guides have been invaluable to me and my quality of life so I’m well on my way through the benefits minefield.

I had a WCA on Tuesday of last week and the bumpf they sent me says it can take 20 mins to hour and a half. After about 15 mins she said ‘we’ll get you out of here shortly’ and I was out of the ‘examination’ after about 25 minutes. I had no physical examination performed (apart from observations of me but no ‘structured’ exercises etc)

I went into this appointment alone without wanting to record as I figured it was almost a formality as I’d got both higher rates of PIP for an indefinite period.which I’d sent as evidence despite them claiming they didn’t wish to see those. I thought my scores in that examination were of course pertinent.

I said to her when she said ‘we’ll get you out of here quickly’ - is that a good thing as I’d like to explain condition etc. Didn’t really give an answer. On leaving she said ‘I should be fine’ with report and I walked out of there thinking it was all fine, but now the doubts are creeping in. Surely If they were going to refuse me the support group they would have done a thorough physical?

And looking at the UC claiming which this is part of. There’s a separate section called ‘disability premiums’ (terrible name for the section!) and I’ve no idea how these are claimed for or if I qualify. I certainly hit some of the qualifying criteria yet don’t appear to have ever received these ‘premiums’

Thank you. For any advice or putting my mind at rest

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231687 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ‘Quick’? WCA Assessment
Pingu

I would not read anything, good or bad into the length of the assessment, maybe they just needed to confirm some aspects of your claim with you.

There are no disability Premiums paid with Universal Credit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #231722 by Pingu
Replied by Pingu on topic ‘Quick’? WCA Assessment
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was worrying about nothing. I’ve just been told earlier today via the UC journal system that I’ve got the LCWRA, not sure of all the details yet but that makes both enhanced sections of PIP for an indefinite period and the LCWRA for however long that’s going to be.

It’s such a relief and the website has helped tremendously so thank you all. You provide a very valuable service.

More
4 years 10 months ago #231731 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ‘Quick’? WCA Assessment
Pingu

That's terrific new, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @UC

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.