× Members

EESA

More
4 years 11 months ago #232049 by jeff
EESA was created by jeff
Hello to all,
can anyone help me please im about to move house to a different area (manchester to sheffield) and i would like to know if my EESA and PIP will be effected by the change of address?
thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #232059 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic EESA
Jeff

Moving will not have a direct effect on either benefit, however, if you need to make a claim for Housing Benefit then this can only be done by claiming Universal Credit (see below) and any Income Related ESA that you receive will be moved UC as well. Any ESA(CB) will not be affected.

The exception to this is if you are receiving the Severe Disability Premium as part of your ESA(IR) in which case you are currently barred from claiming UC and can retain your ESA(IR) and make a claim for HB.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #232061 by jeff
Replied by jeff on topic EESA
Hello gordon thank you for the advice is it still the same if i am on contribution based EESA and if i move in with my partner who is claiming housing benefit i assume my EESA will be taken into consideration as income is that correct?

More
4 years 11 months ago #232068 by Gordon
Jeff

We don't advise on HB on the forum, your presence will affect your partner's HB but I can't say how, you can put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to see the effect.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeff

More
4 years 11 months ago #232073 by tb
Replied by tb on topic EESA
Hi I was getting ESA(CB) and DLA . I moved from London to Birmingham after changing my address they sent ESA50 and DLA to PIP letter. I do not know it is because of I moved to new area. Just let you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeff

More
4 years 11 months ago #232075 by Gordon

tb wrote: Hi I was getting ESA(CB) and DLA . I moved from London to Birmingham after changing my address they sent ESA50 and DLA to PIP letter. I do not know it is because of I moved to new area. Just let you know.

Moving is not a Change of Circumstances that would result in a reassessment.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: tb, jeff

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.