× Members

PIP success, immediate ESA letter!

More
4 years 10 months ago #232204 by Nelis
PIP success, immediate ESA letter! was created by Nelis
Hello everyone,

I am a bit confused and annoyed so forgive me if this is just jumbled up. On March 16, 2019 I had and won my PIP appeal and was put on enhanced for bpth rates until 2023. Today, not even 3 months later I get the ESA Capability for Work forms to fill... I mean seriously??!!
It was over 2yrs of hell battling the DWP over the PIP result and now they are at it again. What on earth is going on?

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this usual? Doesn't the PIP assessment/FINAL result trump ESA? I am just tired, too tired for this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232206 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP success, immediate ESA letter!
Hi N

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

ESA and PIP are two entirely different benefits and no the PIP assessment and result does not trump your ESA. They are not connected in any way and many people have one without the other. I am afraid you will need to fill in the ESA form, answer the questions and give them details and any medical evidence you have.

Please do read our guide on filling out an ESA form.

FAQ ESA

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232465 by Nelis
Replied by Nelis on topic PIP success, immediate ESA letter!
Hell BIS,

Thank you very much for your reply. I had no idea my real name is showing as I can only see a nickname I've had since I was a teenager - Nelis.
Also thank you for the information posted. It's stressful going thru this process regularly but I'll just have to.
I'll get on to reading the ESA guide,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.